Live Transfer Question

Enter the Race

Super Genius
just need to be briefly educated on how Live Transfers works. It is exactly how it sounds. A Robo caller or Telemarkers calls someone and then if they are interested it get transferred to you in Real Time. So you pretty much have to be standing by your phone.

The problem is how those telemarketers get that call to begin with. I've been on the receiving end of those robo calls. For the most part they use deceptive wording if not downright false statements. The most common is that they tell the prospect that some government agency such as the DOL, IRS, or CMS has declared a "New Special Enrollment" period that's open to everyone. This was in mid June, so I knew that was BS.

Out of curiosity I pressed the button to see what they were pitching (ok I'll admit it, maybe I've got a bit of a masochistic streak in me). When I got to the operator I point blank asked if the policies they were offering were Obamacare Exchange policies (Why yes, of course they are :nah:), and were they available even if I had a preexisting condition (yes again). When I questioned her on that, she offered to transfer me to a licensed agent. By now, I was really curious so I agreed. When I finally got to talk to the agent, none of what the lead company told me was true, which of course I already knew, and poor agent that was getting ripped off was selling short-term health policies. I told him what the lead company was doing and to demand a credit for the call and seriously rethink continuing his relationship with them.

I've found the best leads are the ones you generate for yourself. It's more time consuming and expensive, but at least you have control over the quality of your leads.

The problem is how those telemarketers get that call to begin with. I've been on the receiving end of those robo calls. For the most part they use deceptive wording if not downright false statements. The most common is that they tell the prospect that some government agency such as the DOL, IRS, or CMS has declared a "New Special Enrollment" period that's open to everyone. This was in mid June, so I knew that was BS.

Out of curiosity I pressed the button to see what they were pitching (ok I'll admit it, maybe I've got a bit of a masochistic streak in me). When I got to the operator I point blank asked if the policies they were offering were Obamacare Exchange policies (Why yes, of course they are :nah:), and were they available even if I had a preexisting condition (yes again). When I questioned her on that, she offered to transfer me to a licensed agent. By now, I was really curious so I agreed. When I finally got to talk to the agent, none of what the lead company told me was true, which of course I already knew, and poor agent that was getting ripped off was selling short-term health policies. I told him what the lead company was doing and to demand a credit for the call and seriously rethink continuing his relationship with them.

I've found the best leads are the ones you generate for yourself. It's more time consuming and expensive, but at least you have control over the quality of your leads.

Ok so that agent who was getting “ripped off” paying for the lead. How does he get that phone call. Does he tell them to transfer leads to him during a certain time period. And he makes sure he is by his phone during that time, or could he literally get a call at any point during the day.

Depends on the lead company, but generally the agent will give them what hours of the day he's available. The more sophisticated ones will have it so you log in and out to make yourself available for calls.

Depends on the lead company, but generally the agent will give them what hours of the day he's available. The more sophisticated ones will have it so you log in and out to make yourself available for calls.

I see so it is another "leg of the octopus" as my old boss use to say.

I've done all of the above as well, and gone through this to the unsuspecting agent (poor guy). This is all accurate.

I do know some companies try to do it in a better way. At least if you call their 800 number it is far less weaselly. EX: gohealth has an 800 number. when you call it their filtering agent asks a few simple questions, then they transfer you to a licensed agent for enrollment questions. Its very simple, but seems effective IF you can get consumers to call your 800 number for the right reasons.

My old firm, Health Markets, used to run late night cheesy ads with 800 numbers, but mostly during OEP/AEP.

I am currently generating my own with a sales power dialer and Filipino TM's, who transfer hot leads to available agents (the small scale makes the stars difficult to align). In practice, most leads end up on a callback list, with only maybe 1 or 2 live transfers developed in an 8 hour shift.

A'int easy. Thats why I asked for reco's for the best live transfer providers. Anyone have suggestions?

Wait? Isnt lying to consumers and agents to facilitate a live transfer lead payment against FTC rules or something?

Back