Livery Insurance Market

Do any of your brokers have access to a company that will write the livery exposure? My guess is that it will be too expensive, like someone else suggested. I've never written or quoted, but what I've found looking around is that your client is probably looking at somewhere between $5,000 - $10,000 a year. I don't believe the fuel costs, vehicle wear and tear, and huge amount of liability is worth the small fee your client could considerably charge.

The clients are wealthy and the children are going to a private school. Price isn't an issue. Looking to place the coverage.

Doesn't seem any different from a regular school or bus class on commercial auto. Don't believe this is livery, livery is more like black car service.

Have you tried Progressive under school class or something like that?

Doesn't seem any different from a regular school or bus class on commercial auto. Don't believe this is livery, livery is more like black car service.

Have you tried Progressive under school class or something like that?

If they are collecting any kind of fare or money .. it is livery.

Doesn't matter if they are in a Lincoln Town car or motorcycle.

So if the 2 neighbor's kids is the only livery exposure, why not have the neighbor purchase a personal auto policy and name the insured as listed driver?

I think the purpose for the livery policy is to provide liability coverage to 3rd party, not the neighbor. If the neighbor is concerned about the kids, life and Health policies is a better way address it.

Back