LNL Product comparisons

Judyinfinity

I now understand that most agents on this forum have little respect for Liberty National, but what I've read thus far relates to the training (or lack thereof)
What about the products themselves? How do they compare to others?
Is there another Section 125 voluntary plan that offers a Group term that is portable, premiums never increase, benefit never decreases, and is renewable to age 100?
Also they have a popular cancer policy in their Worksite program.

I think LNL could be a good place to be for people interested in selling to the low to lower middle income group.

I believe, in large part, it depends on whether your manager is a class act.

Last time I saw their cancer policy the benefits dropped TREMENDOUSLY at age 65. They may have changed that.

LNL, MetLife, Guardian, NYL...it is what YOU make it.

David,
Thank you for your perspective...
And most of the LNL cancer benefits do drop by approx. 58% after age 65 from what I remember.
Does MetLife, Guardian, NYL or anyone else have Worksite group benefits that fall under a cafeteria plan. I thought those would have a lower lapse ratio due to the one year minimum requirement.
But I'm a very inexperience agent and welcome this forum's wealth of experience and knowledge....

David,
Thank you for your perspective...
And most of the LNL cancer benefits do drop by approx. 58% after age 65 from what I remember.
Does MetLife, Guardian, NYL or anyone else have Worksite group benefits that fall under a cafeteria plan. I thought those would have a lower lapse ratio due to the one year minimum requirement.
But I'm a very inexperience agent and welcome this forum's wealth of experience and knowledge....

You can always check out Colonial and Illinios Mutual, not to mention AIG.

Judy, It would be wonderful to have the best of everything with the company you work for. It's not going to happen. I may think their cancer policy stinks, but they sell it everyday.

Like I said, a lot depends on your manager. The LNL agents here were members of our local NAIFA and I know for a fact that they were well trained.

The companies James mentioned are excellent choices for workplace sales. I've done business with Illinois Mutual for years and they are top shelf.

Basically, what happened in the marketplace is everybody saw AFLAC running around writing groups on the 125 plan and thought for sure that they, too, should get into it. { UA did it, then LNL thought they might try it} However, the torchmark way of doing it is not always the best way. There are other companies doing a very professional job at it, as mentioned above. Colonial is top notch. Judy, look into Colonial for sure. My Colonial mgr. here in my town, I am absolutely fascinated by her understanding and knowledge and professionalism and hard work. I am amazed by her.
The only thing I was "amazed by" at LNL was the need to recruit, recruit, recruit. 24/7 , recruiting was all they cared about. I am not saying LNL 125 is junk, I am saying there are others out there, who do it professionally, and who are not so new to the game.

I'll second the vote for Illinois Mutual. First rate company, excellent and attentive sales support staff. Excellent products...top shelf.

And I think there is a good market for worksite products, but almost every company I deal with has had Aflac burn through there at some point and left some not-thrilled people behind. There was a good article in a recent Agent Sales Journal about worksite sales over the recent past...I'll have to dig it out and refer you to it.

I've always heard good things about Colonial, as well.

I'll second the vote for Illinois Mutual. First rate company, excellent and attentive sales support staff. Excellent products...top shelf.

And I think there is a good market for worksite products, but almost every company I deal with has had Aflac burn through there at some point and left some not-thrilled people behind. There was a good article in a recent Agent Sales Journal about worksite sales over the recent past...I'll have to dig it out and refer you to it.

I've always heard good things about Colonial, as well.

Yes, both great companies, I don't see how you can go wrong with Illinios Mutal or Colonial. Yet Colonial does have the "Plan", follow it and I don't see how you could avoid making sales. Also Colonial will provide all needed literature including free business cards and letter head paper. Yet, I like Illinios Mutual generic stuff when prospecting, something I'm not sure the Colonial Manager liked when I ran into him in the field one day while prospecting, he walked into a business with me as I handed him a generic IM Letter. Yet neither is a captive situation, so really nothing they care about too much. Just bring in the sales and everything else works out. I informed him, that while he was welcome to come along on some appointments I was making but he might rather not!:D

I write for Colonial and I can vouch for their professionalism and ethics. Good company. Their big problem is that they don't do any marketing. Everyone you call has heard of Aflac but none of them know Colonial, so you have an added bit of work to convince them that Colonial is the "better alternative" to Aflac. Why Colonial won't do any marketing is beyond me. I often wonder how much money I could make with the superior marketing power of Aflac and the superior products of Colonial!

Al

Back