Loa to Independent Agent

nypulle

This question may have already been asked but I can't seem to think of the correct combination of words to pull up the information i'm looking for in the search bar. I've recently moved from being an LOA to an independent but a lot of my business is tied up under the old company and the only company that will allow me to reassign my commissions with a simple written letter is Humana. Is there any other option to keep my business that i worked for other than moving all my clients to new companies? I am a pretty new agent so I signed up under a company to get the training but found I could do things just as easily on my own.
I appreciate any advice

This question may have already been asked but I can't seem to think of the correct combination of words to pull up the information i'm looking for in the search bar. I've recently moved from being an LOA to an independent but a lot of my business is tied up under the old company and the only company that will allow me to reassign my commissions with a simple written letter is Humana. Is there any other option to keep my business that i worked for other than moving all my clients to new companies? I am a pretty new agent so I signed up under a company to get the training but found I could do things just as easily on my own.
I appreciate any advice

No, being LOA just means that you wrote the business for your current upline and can't retain it because you never actually owned the business.

You probably have a non-compete/non-solicit so you can't just sign them up under different companies. Or you could if you dont care about such a thing.

Not to mention, you probably assigned all your commissions too. When you go indie, don't do that.

Don't worry about starting over, with experience and the right contracts, It doesn't take as long to rebuild your book the second time around.

I did it in half the time.

Back