Local Indy Agents Clients Have Monthly Increases?

kongsmasher

Expert
I'm a captive, and have new clients all the time that come from 2 different indy agencies. People coming from these agencies claim that their bill is never the same, claiming 10 $ more every month. Of course you know this may be exaggerated, but I hear this so consistently that something is going on. Can anyone fill me in on what this could be? Selling at a pre-mvr price and then adjusting later?

I'm a captive, and have new clients all the time that come from 2 different indy agencies. People coming from these agencies claim that their bill is never the same, claiming 10 $ more every month. Of course you know this may be exaggerated, but I hear this so consistently that something is going on. Can anyone fill me in on what this could be? Selling at a pre-mvr price and then adjusting later?

Being Indy or Captive has nothing to do with the billing. I have seen Captive agency like Allstate Have the worst billing system ever. No one call figure out the billing even the customer service rep.

Its not the billing though. The only guys papers that I have gotten ahold of, the 6 month premium changed after 3 weeks. The cited change from progressive was something like "updated premium".

If the clients are coming from Progressive and the agent gave them a paperless discount, this then requires the client to actually register for paperless documents. If they don't register, the discount gets removed and their rate goes up the next month. I'd lay odds that the clients aren't following through on something that requires proof to maintain a discount through the trailing document process, etc. This can be a common occurrence depending upon the client/company. It has nothing to do with being Indy though.

Ahah. Ok in this scenario the change on the 3 autos was like 200 $. So probably not the paperless discount but maybe proof of prior insurance documentation.

Back