Long Term Care Horrible Experience W/Allstate

Well it sounds as though Allstate is an insurance company one does not want to do business with.

My mom had 50K in Ltci that only included nursing home care and not assited living facilities. She took it out in the 80's I believe. She never made it to a traditional nursing home so no pay out on the assisted living facility. Most modern policies usually cover home health, assisted living and nursing home care. It's based on not being able to perform 2 of 6 daily activites or cognitive impairments as criteria.

My mom had 50K in Ltci that only included nursing home care and not assited living facilities. She took it out in the 80's I believe. She never made it to a traditional nursing home so no pay out on the assisted living facility. Most modern policies usually cover home health, assisted living and nursing home care. It's based on not being able to perform 2 of 6 daily activites or cognitive impairments as criteria.

if someone bought a long term care policy in the 80's, there is NO WAY they paid $50K in premiums in their lifetime.

What did you mean by, "My mom had 50K in Ltci"
The policy covered only 50,000 and it was only for a nursing home facility and did not cover the assisted living facility she was in before she passed. It was limited in benefit amount as well as the kind of facility. She definitely was being assisted with 2 of 6 daily activities, but that was not the benefit trigger with this old policy.

Back