Look out Health Markets (Mega) going to sell Medicare

This is the LAST thing we need! If you think being shut down for a couple of months this summer is bad, wait until MEGA gets their sleazy hands into the pie! I predict that CMS will be embargoing every plan MEGA gets into at least quarterly, if not completely!!

My Mega friend told me they are opening this up to independent agents?!?
I was dancing as politely as I could; "oh great, un huh, I'll look in to that"
I told him as an independent agent, it was my job to recommend the best possible solution to my clients and I would have to do some research.

My Mega friend told me they are opening this up to independent agents?!?
I was dancing as politely as I could; "oh great, un huh, I'll look in to that"
I told him as an independent agent, it was my job to recommend the best possible solution to my clients and I would have to do some research.

Mega, historically, has spent about 30% (Referenced from a manager a few years ago) on marketing leads for their agents. Cutting out the agent leads system and high commissions might make it feasible to offer a more comprehensive plan.

But, oh, shoot... wait... It's Mega - which has been bought and sliced many times yet has always been the same. That's right.

Last edited:
I'm hearing it's open to independent agents, Care Assured, Care Assured Premium, and Care Assured Plus

Healthmarkets has notified their agents today to suspend ALL marketing on their new ASSURED CARE Medicare Advantage Plan until November 8th 2007. Top company officials are flying immediately to Washington, D.C. to resolve the problem. Quite a bit of money has been devoted to this roll-out.

Back