Looking for a Doctors Only Discount Plan

I am looking to service many low income persons in Los Angeles who currently use L.A.'s county hospital 'FREE PROGRAM'. Therefore, these clients would not and will not need ANY hospital insurance coverage.

NO HOSPITAL COVERAGE NEEDED!!!!

However, most of these people have GREAT TROUBLE in just seeing a typical regular doctor, as many doctors will not see people without insurance. So instead of just being able to go have a physical or typical breast or prostate exam, they have to sit in an E.R. for HOURS if they need some type of services like this.

So, I am looking for a health insurance program to put these people in that EXCLUDES hospitalization, while enabling them to see a doctor once in a while. Any suggestions?

There is a program for very low people and as luck would have it, includes hospitalization.

It's known as Medi-Cal, our version of Medicaid.

Oh yeah, as far as seeing a doctor, aside from many clinics, there are places like CVS that has a minute clinic, paying cash (about $50-60) for an office visit, etc. Of course if they're low income they have little else to do except for filling up the ER.

Rick

GreenSky said:
There is a program for very low people and as luck would have it, includes hospitalization.

It's known as Medi-Cal, our version of Medicaid.

Oh yeah, as far as seeing a doctor, aside from many clinics, there are places like CVS that has a minute clinic, paying cash (about $50-60) for an office visit, etc. Of course if they're low income they have little else to do except for filling up the ER.

Rick

Rick I can see what the poster is asking. Maine has Freecare for people with incomes above Medicaid level but it covers both hospitals and Drs offices so no need for coverage... What I can't figure out is other than income levels what's the difference between freecare and Mainecare.

In Florida (locally at least) BCBS has "Go Blue". I beleive it pays so much of the doctor visit, discounts and all the blood tests in full (something like that). Rates are like around 40 to 50 bucks a month (I don't know them exactly but it's around there).
Pretty good value for what you get IMHO.

Back