Looking for a Great Company to Contract with

jayarmstrong

I am a L&H producer that has been writing significant volume of life business daily for an hourly rate to get experience dealing with final expense clients. I am now looking for great company to contract with to earn commission. Any suggestions?

Are you writing "significant volume of life business daily for an hourly rate" in a call center or off a P&C book?
Your best bets for Final Expense are: fexcontracting.com, 360fgllc.com, or trkingim.com.
I'm sure you will get private msgs from others who are lurking.

You have chosen a really smart way of getting into the life insurance business. Your familiarity with the product must be pretty solid at this point, and you have probably developed some very strong skills in dealing with clients. These will serve you well.

It is also great that you now want to spread your wings and receive pay commensurate with your effort. You have now greatly increased the possibility you will make great money.

So: be wise in your next move.

There is no reason to affiliate with just one carrier. The fact of the matter is that the products from one carrier will not be appropriate for the vast majority of your prospects. If you are dedicated to making sure every single one of your clients has the product that is exactly right for him or her, you need to have multiple appointments. This way you can find a carrier with the most competitive underwriting given any particular client’s risk profile.

To do this, you should find a master general agent with extremely strong relationships with many major life insurance companies. This MGA should have the leverage needed to get you very good underwriting and very good service in every step of the prequalification and underwriting processes.

The MGA should also make available to you concierge brokerage services. Underwriters and case managers should be assigned to you to assist in all support and administrative functions. This way you can remain free to do what you do best: marketing, sales and service.

PM me for more info. Go get ‘em!

OP typed, "....dealing with final expense clients. I am now looking for great company to contract with to earn commission. Any suggestions?
Steve...I realize you are offering up your services, but are you a Final Expense MGA? Do you specialize in that niche? Everything I see on your website indicates not. You're touting assigned underwriters, etc when Final Expense is a simplified process. The IMO's recommended above have dozens of carriers to choose from.
Please explain how your brokerage might be a good option for someone wanting to specialize in Final Expense.
Thanks.

I appreciate the comments posted. I value all opinions. Today I wrote $12,297.00 in annualized premium with 20 contracts. This is a pretty typical day for me. In the last seven months I have gone from a newbie to the top agent out of several hundred agents. My closing percent today was 100%. If i talked with you today you bought a policy. I am now looking to this community for advise. Again, thank you for all replies.

Remember, doing that from a call center is totally different than doing it on your own. Once you're on your own, leads will be your biggest challenge. Right now, leads are handed to you.
Even with leads handed to you, writing 20 contracts in one day is impressive to say the least. I don't know how you did that over the phone.

I appreciate the comments posted. I value all opinions. Today I wrote $12,297.00 in annualized premium with 20 contracts. This is a pretty typical day for me. In the last seven months I have gone from a newbie to the top agent out of several hundred agents. My closing percent today was 100%. If i talked with you today you bought a policy. I am now looking to this community for advise. Again, thank you for all replies.

So you write 3m+/yr? I hope you're making at least a really good hourly wage.

I know some captive/call center production numbers and that is impressive.

I would say we have a new base line.

To do this, you should find a master general agent with extremely strong relationships with many major life insurance companies. This MGA should have the leverage needed to get you very good underwriting and very good service in every step of the prequalification and underwriting processes.

The MGA should also make available to you concierge brokerage services. Underwriters and case managers should be assigned to you to assist in all support and administrative functions. This way you can remain free to do what you do best: marketing, sales and service.

PM me for more info. Go get ‘em!

Oh Steve, I'll just bet YOU are an MGA, yes?

Oh Steve, I'll just bet YOU are an MGA, yes?

Nope. I am not an MGA. I am just grateful to have found a good one.

----------

OP typed, "....dealing with final expense clients. I am now looking for great company to contract with to earn commission. Any suggestions?
Steve...I realize you are offering up your services, but are you a Final Expense MGA? Do you specialize in that niche? Everything I see on your website indicates not. You're touting assigned underwriters, etc when Final Expense is a simplified process. The IMO's recommended above have dozens of carriers to choose from.
Please explain how your brokerage might be a good option for someone wanting to specialize in Final Expense.
Thanks.

I was not clear that the original request was for an FE MGA. Sorry for the confusion.

I am not an MGA - I simply work with MGA's who take fully underwritten cases, and am fortunate to have found a really good one.

I made the suggestion because I like to help new brokers build their careers.

Back