Looking for a group LTD-STD insurance carrier for a trucking company in Alabama

mobilegent

I am a life and health insurance agent in Alabama,who has a client, who is a trucking company (20 employees), who is looking for group long term and short term disability income insurance for its employees. Who would be the top 5 life insurance companies to look at regarding this transaction ? Also, what MGA would be the best company to contract with to handle this transaction ? My main competition is Colonial . How competitive is Colonial in the long term and short term disability insurance market, especially for trucking companies ? I read that the following life insurance companies are the top 5 carriers to handle long term and short term disability insurance carriers are : (1) The Standard (2) Prinicipal (3) Ameritas (4) Guardian (5) Mass Mutual. However, since this company is a blue collar market, I wonder if I need to look at other insurance companies ? Any help in answering my questions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Colonial is not as competitive as the other companies you mentioned but their parent company, Unum, may be. I'd add Unum to your quote list.

Back