Looking for a Little Experience

Brick79

Hello everyone,

I'm still new to insurance. I took my state test early 2010 and got my license. I worked for a company for 4 months prospecting for new business for accident/injury insurance and found that I wasn't such the outside salesman, at least not going to businesses and cold calling. I was making a little money but felt like too much of a bother to keep going with that particular business.

I love to sell to people just prefer different forms of marketing that are less agressive, and I still have my license so I'm now looking to stay in the game.

So I'm writing now looking for some experience to try and find what other options I may have... I stumbled onto mortgage protection and FE insurance and it seems this is more direct selling and most companies seem to offer leads. but they want a weekly commitment to buy so many leads with success or not. Is this common?

Is there somewhere I can get mortgage or FE leads simply buying leads when I want instead of on a schedule?

Thanks for any input:GEEK:

I'm pretty much in the same boat and I don't know which way to go.. I want to make the right move. My ideal route would working independent and making/going on my own appts... I just don't know who to get setup with.

Any input is much appreciated.. I'm looking to build a career and build my OWN book of business.

Hey Guys,

There are and were at some point, many individuals just like you looking for this information. What I would suggest to do is search this forum for information about where to get started out and the pros/cons of where to go, and if you should start indepedent or captive. Once you have narrowed it down to 5 or so companies that offer what you might be looking for, call them for an interview and ask them a lot of really good questions, run appointments with management, find out what resources are available, and learn about the training and the way the do business.

Once you have done that, you can make a more informed decision. There is a lot of information already posted on this forum for which you are looking for info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, it sounds like you need new ideas for marketing. Search out MarkinGriffin aka Mark Rosenthal. He has an excellent websited designed to help you generate your own warm source leads.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

There are and were at some point, many individuals just like you looking for this information. What I would suggest to do is search this forum for information about where to get started out and the pros/cons of where to go, and if you should start indepedent or captive. Once you have narrowed it down to 5 or so companies that offer what you might be looking for, call them for an interview and ask them a lot of really good questions, run appointments with management, find out what resources are available, and learn about the training and the way the do business.

Once you have done that, you can make a more informed decision. There is a lot of information already posted on this forum for which you are looking for info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, it sounds like you need new ideas for marketing. Search out MarkinGriffin aka Mark Rosenthal. He has an excellent websited designed to help you generate your own warm source leads.

Thank you!! My site is www.rosenthalfiles.com is is full of my ideas and free ideas...

Unless you are some kind of superstar one in a million, you need to be trained by a professional in the field for at least two weeks. After which you will need some hand-holding for another couple of months. I can almost assure that you will fail without this. Just get with a firm that will train you, don't worry about commission rates now. Set a goal of 500 bucks a week bring home then move the goal higher.

Just to give you guys a little information.. I'm not completely new to the business. I spent 2 years managing a call center based off the Efinancial platform. I personally have experience with term, whole life & UL products. I'm looking to go independent in the final expense market, working captive with a carrier does not interest me at all..

Currently in talks with EFES, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to a weekly charge on my credit card for leads right off the bat.

Mark,

Thanks again for the PM, your information was very useful.

Just to give you guys a little information.. I'm not completely new to the business. I spent 2 years managing a call center based off the Efinancial platform. I personally have experience with term, whole life & UL products. I'm looking to go independent in the final expense market, working captive with a carrier does not interest me at all..

Currently in talks with EFES, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to a weekly charge on my credit card for leads right off the bat.

Mark,

You are welcome! I hope you got some good free ideas from it.

Mark,

You could always have a mailhouse mail card for you only when you want them mailed but your looking at a cost of $400/1000 cards which will translate into who know how many "Leads".

Back