Looking for a Little Help

marketing

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a male 35, nonsmoker (ns), hbp, works parttime looking for 25k GUL.

male 45, no meds, no medical issues to my knowledge, $25k GUL

female 44, (ns) diabetic, medfoam, deprecoat; $25k GUL

Without a phone interview

Last edited:

And what do you need help with? Quotes? Carriers that have GUL that actually issues that low?

My personal experience is that young prospects who see value in such a small policy often do not remain clients for very long.

Also, imo, a GUL is not very suitable for people that young. After 20 years (at ages 55, 65, 64) inflation will have eaten up half of that $25k. So it would be like having $12k in today's dollars.

Once they get to the end of their life expectancy (42 more years for a 35yo) they will be age 76. That means the $25k will be worth around $6k in todays dollars... pretty worthless for a Death Benefit.

Do these people a favor and sell them a WL (w/ increasing DB, so a participating WL), or a UL w/ opt2. They might actually still have the policy in force when they die if you do...

And what do you need help with? Quotes? Carriers that have GUL that actually issues that low?

My personal experience is that young prospects who see value in such a small policy often do not remain clients for very long.

Also, imo, a GUL is not very suitable for people that young. After 20 years (at ages 55, 65, 64) inflation will have eaten up half of that $25k. So it would be like having $12k in today's dollars.

Once they get to the end of their life expectancy (42 more years for a 35yo) they will be age 76. That means the $25k will be worth around $6k in todays dollars... pretty worthless for a Death Benefit.

Do these people a favor and sell them a WL (w/ increasing DB, so a participating WL), or a UL w/ opt2. They might actually still have the policy in force when they die if you do...

Thanks, I'll have to concur with this; inflation that is. Thanks again

Without a phone interview

I don't know about the phone interview but I can think of
four companies that have a GUL 25,000 face.

Midland National
Sagicor
North American
Transamerican

Shooter

Back