Looking for a telemarketer - I'm offering $2,000 a week

I'm into that short script but emailing or faxing quotes isn't that a big no no? Once they have the information what stops them from shopping other companies? Or better yet, you get their e-mail or fax number and you fax them over a courtesy letter thanking them for their time and you call back in a few days and they say, "oh I just wanted the quote"

Faxing or emailing is just an easy way for me to get the info in front of them. Hardly anyone actually reads the emails which is neither here nor there. After I email or fax quotes I call them at the appointed time and go through my standard presentation.

Plus, we're talking about generating your own leads on this thread and you sure as heck know who's interested and not interested when you're on the phone. But don't blow those "on the fence" people out of the water. I've had some very weak "Sure....send me the quotes if you want" leads who have ended up being clients.

I have my quick sales - within a few days of the lead. Then I have my slow burners who can takes weeks to sign up.

I take a different approach. Before I go through the time to even bother with them, I want some committment. I qualify for:

1. Pain: "Have you seen some rate increases? How much? Is it becoming more difficult to afford? If rates keep going as is, can you afford to keep the coverage? How do you feel about your current plan?"

2. Money (if there isn't currently coverage): "You're looking at between $100 to $300 per month depending on the deductible, is this something that would fit into your budget currently?" This eliminates almost all the people that can't afford what I do or choose to not spend the money.

3. Decision: "Let's pretend I can find a plan that will get you a more favorable rate with the same or better benefit level, is this something that you would see moving on soon? Besides yourself, will anyone else be involved in the decision?"

After those are satisfied, only then do I go to work.

Faxing or emailing is just an easy way for me to get the info in front of them. Hardly anyone actually reads the emails which is neither here nor there. After I email or fax quotes I call them at the appointed time and go through my standard presentation.

Plus, we're talking about generating your own leads on this thread and you sure as heck know who's interested and not interested when you're on the phone. But don't blow those "on the fence" people out of the water. I've had some very weak "Sure....send me the quotes if you want" leads who have ended up being clients.

I have my quick sales - within a few days of the lead. Then I have my slow burners who can takes weeks to sign up.

Ok so you've gone through hey I could possibly save you money on health insurance, do you have group or individual policy. They say group, from what I've gathered that's a no deal unless they're a single employee. Where do you go from there to gather your appropriate info? Both if individual and group policies

I take a different approach. Before I go through the time to even bother with them, I want some committment. I qualify for:

1. Pain: "Have you seen some rate increases? How much? Is it becoming more difficult to afford? If rates keep going as is, can you afford to keep the coverage? How do you feel about your current plan?"

2. Money (if there isn't currently coverage): "You're looking at between $100 to $300 per month depending on the deductible, is this something that would fit into your budget currently?" This eliminates almost all the people that can't afford what I do or choose to not spend the money.

3. Decision: "Let's pretend I can find a plan that will get you a more favorable rate with the same or better benefit level, is this something that you would see moving on soon? Besides yourself, will anyone else be involved in the decision?"

After those are satisfied, only then do I go to work.

I like your approach. So instead of somebody having PMS, you're looking for somebody with PMD. Nice......

I agree with most if not all ) that has been said.

However, a fair amount of my shared leads ARE happy I called. As stated before, I emphasize that I am local and tell them DO NOT talk to anybody out of town.

Yeah I would say the same thing. I used to call Mega Lifes "B leads", which are like 3-5 year old leads that are people that essentially hate Mega, you, your wife, your dog and everything else related to you. I had success with these so I never had any problem telemarketing either, have always done well.

However, I find that I get a good % of callbacks/response on shared Internet leads becasue my approach is very low key but professional, as well as sorta humorous. I can't tell you how many "You were like the 5th guy who called me but I liked your message and you're the only one I called!" messages/return calls I get. Especially after Health Benefits Direct beat the daylights out of them.

Great post...it's all what you put into it.

Yeah I would say the same thing. I used to call Mega Lifes "B leads", which are like 3-5 year old leads that are people that essentially hate Mega, you, your wife, your dog and everything else related to you. I had success with these so I never had any problem telemarketing either, have always done well.

However, I find that I get a good % of callbacks/response on shared Internet leads becasue my approach is very low key but professional, as well as sorta humorous. I can't tell you how many "You were like the 5th guy who called me but I liked your message and you're the only one I called!" messages/return calls I get. Especially after Health Benefits Direct beat the daylights out of them.

Great post...it's all what you put into it.

So you say you are getting callbacks on leaving message with shared leads?? Elaborate!

Ok so you've gone through hey I could possibly save you money on health insurance, do you have group or individual policy. They say group, from what I've gathered that's a no deal unless they're a single employee. Where do you go from there to gather your appropriate info? Both if individual and group policies

If they have even one employee on the group plan we're done on the phone. For info I need ages, smoking status, home zip and health info.

So you say you are getting callbacks on leaving message with shared leads?? Elaborate!

Well it's not a "script" per se, it's more about an attitude and a way of leaving messages that sets yourself apart from the drones that are calling. I kinda jus have my own way of making answering machine messages interesting...might help that I was a stand up comic for a bit years back.

These Insurance Shoppers are not expecting me to call, that's for sure!

OK, I'll take the bait... give us one example please CT.

No, it wasn't bait, and honestly in the years I was a Manager with Schmega I always taught reps to NOT try to do what I do because it might not work with their personality. However, that didn't mean they couldn't try to be more causual or humorous in their basic approach.

An example of a message I leave, if you want something specific however is:

"Hello Mr./Mrs. Prospect this is Dave from (my agency) and I bet I'm the 874,000th guy that's called you today about your search for Health Insurance. I just wanted to tell you that I am an actual human, I am local, could probably throw a rock and hit your place from here, or maybe a Chiclet or something, I'm really not that strong. Anyway, if you want some straight up advice about your best options for Health Insurance without any pressure and nagging, please call me at*********** and I'd be glad to discuss things personally with you. I also emailed you over some quotes you can take a look at as well. I'd love to earn your business and look forward to speaking with you soon if you're not completely insane from the incessant calls at this point. Take care"

Back