Looking for a telemarketer - I'm offering $2,000 a week

An example of a message I leave, if you want something specific however is:

"Hello Mr./Mrs. Prospect this is Dave from (my agency) and I bet I'm the 874,000th guy that's called you today about your search for Health Insurance. I just wanted to tell you that I am an actual human, I am local, could probably throw a rock and hit your place from here, or maybe a Chiclet or something, I'm really not that strong. Anyway, if you want some straight up advice about your best options for Health Insurance without any pressure and nagging, please call me at*********** and I'd be glad to discuss things personally with you. I also emailed you over some quotes you can take a look at as well. I'd love to earn your business and look forward to speaking with you soon if you're not completely insane from the incessant calls at this point. Take care"

Outstanding! I would even return your call if you left me that message.

I always take a very soft conversational approach and use humor when I am doing my own telemarketing.

When people tell me that they "didn't fill out the card and send it in", I chuckle and tell them that a friend of mine has a favorite saying. "Don't ask me questions like that, I've slept since then". If they also chuckle, and they usually do, then I know that I have their attention and can continue the conversation.

It is all about timing and delivery though. A lot of agents would not be comfortable using humor or have the humorous personality to pull if off successfully.

Thanks CT... no disrespect intended with the "bait" line. To get someone to call back from a voice mail or AM, you have to think out of the box. I also would call you back... thanks.

Al D.

John,

When you are emailing or faxing quotes, what kind of format are you using? If you have quotes from 3 different companies, how are you presenting that to your prospects in the email or fax??

Josh that is awesome! I too am planning on getting on the phone the rest of the week for about 3-4 hours per day. Would you mind sharing the script that you are using?? 7 leads in 2.5 hours is great!!!

Ended up with 11 leads today and not quite 4 hours of telemarketing. My script?

"Hi, I'm John Petrowski from the Health Solutions Agency. The reason I'm calling is to let you know the top companies in Maryland such at Aetna, United Healthcare and Assurant Health all have new health insurance plans for individuals and families. These plans are currently saving most of my clients over 35% off their premiums. Do you have a group or individual plan?"

Prospect: "We have group"
Me: "Good bye."

Prospect: "I have my own plan/or no plan."

Me: "If you give me your email address I'll send you quotes for all the newest plans. What is your email?"

Prospect gives me the email

Me: "Now all I need is just the ages of anyone who will be on the plan (get ages) do you smoke? And finally, do you have any major health conditions?"

After that I simply thank them, let them know they'll have quotes by tomorrow and get a time to follow up. I do not get engaged in any long conversations during the 1st call.

Last edited:
I stole John's script... that's the same one he posted earlier in the thread.. I would have had more leads myself, but I got to talking to a guy and we talked about 30 minutes. (An old family friend)

The things that's amazing is I tracked the amount of people I actually talked to and it was only 22.. 7 leads out of 22 people is not too damn bad. That is a lead for every 3 people I talked to. John's script works like a charm! Did you come up with it yourself John?

Humor gives you a lot of maneuverability. Humor can't and I don't think really should be used on the 1st call to generate a lead, but for me it's key to actually closing the deal.

If you come across as firm but in a funny way you can get away with saying things you can't say if humor is not involved.

During the second call I will either find something that gets them to laugh or my odds of closing that deal are next to zero. That's probably my inability to relate to people who take themselves too seriously.

However, when humor is involved you can get away with things like this:

Client: "Well this all looks good. Can you give me a call back sometime later while I get a chance to think about this?"

Me: "Oh, so you're gonna make me hunt you down over the phone huh? Listen, don't make me start calling from different numbers to mess with your called ID. Honestly, we can take care of the application in 10 minutes and it's one less worry you have. Do you really want to get covered?"

That's my line for anyone without current coverage. I'm not as brutal for people who have existing plans.

Back