Looking for Advice: Liberty Mutual Vs. Farmers Agent

2200 policies in three years is a reasonable job but nothing earth shattering - I did more than that as did and do a number of other agents in our area. I am NOT saying this to put down todd02 bur rather to inquire to the others here why you would think its so hard? 61 policies a month is pretty lackluster.

todd02 - you can make a nice living with Farmers - but with your marketing plan you'd probably have doubled that as an independent - with none of Farmers hoops to jump through

This is my current PIF. I've lost about 400 over the last 3 years. True I could of probably written more but I bet my retention ratio is much better than an independent agent not to mention my brand recognition I don't have to pay for. For instance today I sold a client a home policy that was $675 MORE than national specialty.... Brand recognition is Huge!

This is my current PIF. I've lost about 400 over the last 3 years. True I could of probably written more but I bet my retention ratio is much better than an independent agent not to mention my brand recognition I don't have to pay for. For instance today I sold a client a home policy that was $675 MORE than national specialty.... Brand recognition is Huge!

So you got him to pay more than needed? Does he get something for this $675 extra, besides the Farmers name?

Lol it seems like a stretch? No sir I happen to have 1 full time CSR and 1 telemarketer and use Internet leads. I average 1 new client a day but usually aim for 8 a week. Avg household in my book has 2.7 2.8 PIF. I do what most agents won't do.... Stay until 7:30 pm doing sales calls and work sat... My goal is to burn myself out, find AP's that can duplicate what I do. Have yet to find one but no I didn't receive any policies... I know an agent near me who is at over 5k PIF his 3rd year. Most of his sales is referrals.

What's "AP"? (20 characters)

Agent Producers??????????

Ahhh... Makes sense. The only acronym I've ever seen it used for is Annual Premium. And that didn't make sense.

We need to start a thread dedicated to nothing but acronyms and their meanings.

So you got him to pay more than needed? Does he get something for this $675 extra, besides the Farmers name?

No I saved him $700 on his auto insurance for 6 times the coverage and lower deductibles. So overall I saved him money and now on his home policy he has 30% more coverage, since he was under a co-insurance penalty in his current contract being to under insured. Also has a multitude of other endorsements that are applicable to his situation that his independent agent didnt take the time to upsell to properly insure the client. I took 2 hrs to sell him what he needed/wanted vs his independent sellin him in 15 mins. Guess who is going to retain that client longer......

Todd, I too was a FIG agent for years and went indy last year. I also had new clients over the years that went exactly the way yours did, congrats and he should be a client for years. The problem and why ultimately I left (2900 PIF) was because there just far and few inbetween that we were so uncompetitive. Our agency as it grew became a service agency and although increasing marketing budget every year, as a business it just did not make sense for me anyway to not have more than one choice.

Back