Looking for Advice

aidensgrandpa

Hi all, I Have become interested in selling insurance to seniors. I am 71 years old but am a very young 71. My health is good and I have no hobbies to pass my time. I have been retired for 13 years and am looking for new opportunities since I have just about outlived my income. Plain and simple I am a salesman. I have been a commissioned sales
pro for 30 years. I see a tremendous opportunity in selling medicare supplements and other senior insurance programs to the senior market.
My situation is this, I have been offered a job by two Life insurance companies once I pass my licensing test. I am now in the process of studying for the test. But these companies want me to sell life insurance and I want to sell the senior market. I am asking for your advice as how to best get started in seeking employment and what company is best to go with. Sorry for the long post and will keep it shorter in next post. Aidens grandpa

Hi all, I Have become interested in selling insurance to seniors. I am 71 years old but am a very young 71. My health is good and I have no hobbies to pass my time. I have been retired for 13 years and am looking for new opportunities since I have just about outlived my income. Plain and simple I am a salesman. I have been a commissioned sales
pro for 30 years. I see a tremendous opportunity in selling medicare supplements and other senior insurance programs to the senior market.
My situation is this, I have been offered a job by two Life insurance companies once I pass my licensing test. I am now in the process of studying for the test. But these companies want me to sell life insurance and I want to sell the senior market. I am asking for your advice as how to best get started in seeking employment and what company is best to go with. Sorry for the long post and will keep it shorter in next post. Aidens grandpa

There is plenty of information on this forum if you want to take your time and look through it. Use the search function as well. I don't know if being an employee is the best option for you. There are some folks on here who offer training, maybe you should take advantage of their associations. If you can sell, then you really only need industry and product knowledge. You can learn those without being an employee.

One great advantage you have is you probably hang out with mostly people who are on Medicare. That's a great place to start offering your services. You have a small amount of instant credibility since you are "one of them" so to speak.

Best of luck to you.

Welcome to the forum and good luck. What state are you located in. There is plenty of opportunity out there if you find the right mentors and get good training.

Look for posts by Rousemark. He is older than dirt and in TN. He might even talk to you on the phone as long as you don't wake him up from his nap like I did.

Look for posts by Rousemark. He is older than dirt and in TN. He might even talk to you on the phone as long as you don't wake him up from his nap like I did.

I joined Humana career and did 3 weeks training. I was surprised at the average age of the new hires (many new to insurance). Probably 65+. That was also encouraging for an old fart like myself

I believe an agent who is on the same peer (age) group as your client would be a great advantage

Back