Looking for Agency to Partner with for P & C Business Personal Lines and Business I Am Licensed in G

AGENT2424

Hi,

I am looking for agency or GA to partner with in selling P & C both personal and business. I would like to work out a commission split thats acceptable to us both I am licensed in Ga, Al & Tennessee and would prefer to own my book of business if we ever parted ways. I currenly sell life and health now please shoot me a pm of what you have to offer and I will be in touch.
Thanks.

I have been working with P&C agencies for 20+years in doing what you are asking and also own have also been selling P&C for 25 years.

Problem is that you will never be part time and get a realistic split with them for P&C.

A partnership with an agency is also tough unless you bring something to the table for them.

Feel free to contact me at my website below and I suggest you look at our agent brochure and look at the Champions program outline as it involves starting partnerships with P&C agencies.

Good luck to you.

Speaking as an agency owner here, what you're looking for is not something a businessowner would ever want to do, unless you were bringing something to the table. Owning the book and long-term commissions is the major benefit of being in insurance. For my producers, there is a vesting schedule where they earn a very generous renewal split over time if they meet production goals. When fully vested after 5 years, they have the right to purchase their book of production at a mutually agreed on market rate.

This might be something you want to look for, as what you're offering above would be worth very little to any established agency.

Good luck!

Agent 2424,

Getting started is tough and finding the right group is tough. Take your time. You need to find a group that provides you four things:

1. Training and Support
  2. Carrier Alignment
  3. A Killer contract
  4. Transparency (Between the Home office and the Agents in the group)

Consider this please:

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. If it is true it won't last, it is a new group who has not figured out the profit margin, or it is a group that will fail at providing you one of the four prongs: Training and support, Carrier Alignment, transparency, or an industry leading contract. (Most fail at the training and support piece.)

Too many agencies think they can play the aggregator game and they try and they fail, and the agents that join them are upset.

Here is a good exercise. Write down all the things a well-established agency needs to do and track on a daily basis. (Conversion ratio, deposits, lead sources, Employees, comp, the right comp, the trash can, leads, their best closers/ sales people, admin, the state regs in the state(s) they do business, the carriers products, commission levels, accounting, and on and on and on.

NOW DO the same thing for but for an aggregator! The List multiplies by 2000.

Groups range from Good, Better, Best. Groups should deliver on four things. (Listed above) Of the four things most agents look solely at the contract and make mistakes. They do that because the contract is quantitative. New agents disregard the other three because they are qualitative and harder to define. Don't be that agent. Take your time and define those prongs.

If I had a 2 carat diamond ring on my wife's finger and one of the four prongs was loose or got knocked off I would fix it in fear that she was going to lose the Diamond. Don't settle for establishing your small business with 3 of the four deliverables.

Side Note: My wife does not have two carats let alone one. We got married young. I have since offered to upgrade the little rock I got her, but she is sentimental and I love her for it.

Hi,

I am looking for agency or GA to partner with in selling P & C both personal and business. I would like to work out a commission split thats acceptable to us both I am licensed in Ga, Al & Tennessee and would prefer to own my book of business if we ever parted ways. I currenly sell life and health now please shoot me a pm of what you have to offer and I will be in touch.
Thanks.

I saw the date on this post was 2014.. and people were posting today
Speaking as an agency owner here, what you're looking for is not something a businessowner would ever want to do, unless you were bringing something to the table. Owning the book and long-term commissions is the major benefit of being in insurance. For my producers, there is a vesting schedule where they earn a very generous renewal split over time if they meet production goals. When fully vested after 5 years, they have the right to purchase their book of production at a mutually agreed on market rate.

This might be something you want to look for, as what you're offering above would be worth very little to any established agency.

Good luck!

LOL

I saw this original post was from 2014 and people responding to it today.. Just curious Agent 2424, in the past 4 years what ended up happening

Back