Looking for an Experienced Agent for My Agency.

bill777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello, where you guys usually find experienced agents to work for your agencies? My agency sells general lines products and located in lakeland florida, is craigslist the only option?

find them at existing agencies, go to a convention or trade show or something, your offer has to be better than what they are getting currently.

Good ideas. Maybe also offer trainings at your offices for any agents. SHOW them the grass is greener on your side.

Maybe this is taking the tread in a different line but I think you hit on something. What is it that motivates people in this industry to move? Sure there is always greener grass but we know how that turns out most of the time. Training is a great start but what other things would induce someone with like 4-5 years? Quality of products? Other idea?

Bill777 said:
1)What kind of insurance an agent with a 2-20 license can sell?
can he sell for motorcycles, jet ski, off road vehicles and health?
2)Is the 253 warranty license worthy to get?
3)How often you use finance companies and are they necessary?
Thanks for the help guys :)
8/10/10
Bill777 said:
I'm a truck driver and need life insurance. This job is more dangerous than i expected. I see you can get up to 10 million, i filled out a quote online and came around $3,500 for the whole year, i make 50gs a year so i can afford that. Is it easy to get insured for that much and how much it would cost me for a medical appointment for physical fitness etc.
I'm 25 non smoker and healthier than ever, thanks for any replies :)
8/30/10

And then this from today
Hello, where you guys usually find experienced agents to work for your agencies? My agency sells general lines products and located in lakeland florida, is craigslist the only option?

You have an agency?

8/10/10

8/30/10

And then this from today

You have an agency?

haha good one, i used to drive trucks before i got my license and still was doing it until i opened my agency, so i can pay the bills. if i don't succeed in this business i'll just go back to my old job.

Go to your local bank and steal the best teller they have. Train him/her your way and in 6 months or so you'll have exactly what you are looking for.

Don't hire someone from another agency already having bad habits and wanting to do it their way.

Go to your local bank and steal the best teller they have. Train him/her your way and in 6 months or so you'll have exactly what you are looking for.

Don't hire someone from another agency already having bad habits and wanting to do it their way.

that's a great idea what if he's too lazy to get a 4-40 license? lol

Maybe this is taking the tread in a different line but I think you hit on something. What is it that motivates people in this industry to move? Sure there is always greener grass but we know how that turns out most of the time. Training is a great start but what other things would induce someone with like 4-5 years? Quality of products? Other idea?

Keeping people in constant communication for starters, even if they live in a different state than where the main agency office is located, they need constant information updates tailored to them.

Don't just train them on how to be an insurance agent either, train them how to get leads and offer specific classes on how to actually close sales.

Technology is another important factor. We provide online one minute contracting so an agent can sign people up from even an iPad.

Make sure your agency is actually providing the tools your agent needs to succeed, as well as changing when technology or the industry changes.

Start by asking your agents what they need to be successful, adopt those practices and then market that to agents in other agencies to recruit them.

Back