Looking for an Indepedent Agency Owner MENTOR

MontanaMadMan

Hello

I'm opening my own independent agency. I have owned my own business before and have a lot of sales experience. I've also done my homework, so please don't come be that person that tells me to walk away because of this or that. I understand the risk. What I lack in experience I make up for with sheer stupidity and recklessness. I'm looking to see if any agency owners would be willing to lend me their ear occasionally.

I'm working with my states independent insurance agents organization, selling via the big "I" market. This seems to be the cheapest and easiest way to get going. Ive taken siaa and various other clusters into consideration, but I feel initially this may be the best route for my particular situation. I'm sending in my e&o app in the morning. Looking at office space this week, $1250 2 offices, decent to good location.

I understand that the largest factor here is going to be prospecting. I've got a good website and I've ran some Google ads and seen good results from that. Its about 5 clicks per day, which for now, before I've really optimized the capabilities of advertising with google, I consider great.

I'm ordering new business name registration lists from my secretary of state's office. Sending out really well polished, quality marketing material to these entities before they've looked for business insurance elsewhere. We will also be sending out high quality material to individuals who have just moved to our area.

Nothing really ground breaking as far as our marketing and prospecting obviously, but we plan on covering the basics, then testing and expanding outward from there.

We have the budget to sustain our business costs and needed income for the 1st year. I understand longer would be optimal, but that's how long our leash is.

I've seen it on here many times, so I'm going to say if you want to **** on someone's parade.......:SLEEP:

Hello

I'm opening my own independent agency. I have owned my own business before and have a lot of sales experience. I've also done my homework, so please don't come be that person that tells me to walk away because of this or that. I understand the risk. What I lack in experience I make up for with sheer stupidity and recklessness. I'm looking to see if any agency owners would be willing to lend me their ear occasionally.

I'm working with my states independent insurance agents organization, selling via the big "I" market. This seems to be the cheapest and easiest way to get going. Ive taken siaa and various other clusters into consideration, but I feel initially this may be the best route for my particular situation. I'm sending in my e&o app in the morning. Looking at office space this week, $1250 2 offices, decent to good location.

I understand that the largest factor here is going to be prospecting. I've got a good website and I've ran some Google ads and seen good results from that. Its about 5 clicks per day, which for now, before I've really optimized the capabilities of advertising with google, I consider great.

I'm ordering new business name registration lists from my secretary of state's office. Sending out really well polished, quality marketing material to these entities before they've looked for business insurance elsewhere. We will also be sending out high quality material to individuals who have just moved to our area.

Nothing really ground breaking as far as our marketing and prospecting obviously, but we plan on covering the basics, then testing and expanding outward from there.

We have the budget to sustain our business costs and needed income for the 1st year. I understand longer would be optimal, but that's how long our leash is.

I've seen it on here many times, so I'm going to say if you want to **** on someone's parade.......:SLEEP:

Make sure to keep your overhead as low as possible as you won't see the returns for a while. Set goals like a certain amount of quotes per day and use your time wisely. It is not a bad industry at all just takes a lot of work. Good Luck

Back