Looking for an Independent to Help Me Start a Business

Jcollins

I am a new agent.

I do have a great deal of experience in the Real Estate Industry. I have managed and run my own office for over 16 yrs.

What I am looking for is an established Independent Agent to allow me to start my business under them and then either branch off or stay with them. I am willing to pay them for their experience and use of Appointments until I can obtain my own. What is this worth to someone? $20,000, $30,000.
I know that it would be next to impossible to obtain my own appointments with no experience or book of business. Which is why I am willing to pay someone for the use of their Appointments for a period of time or form some type of partnership. I know companies like Smart Choice exist but, they pretty much have you from what I could tell. (Correct me if I am wrong) they offer good commissions but then if you want leave them you can not get your own direct appointments for two years. This is what I want to pay someone for.

This is just a very lengthily but brief explanation of what I am trying to do. Let me know if you would like more information. Let me know if you think that no one would want to do this or if you know of someone that is or would like to do this.

In laymen terms it would be a rent a broker. I pay you for the use of your appoints.

Looking forward to any responses.

Thank you,

First thing I wish you all the best.

I have hired (3) people that had been Real Estate agents. Neither of them worked out whatsoever. You can not be all things to all people. If you are licensed, I would reccomend finding a independent agent that would give you a split on the policies you refer to the agency. Unless you are going to go in this full time and not try to do this as a part time insurance agent and a full time real estate agent don't waste your time. Insurance agents and real estate agents are completely different. I am not knocking real estate agents or the profession at all...it is just completely different. In my experience it has not worked out well. If partnering up in a refferal situation it could be profitable for both...

Best of luck.

I am a new agent.

I do have a great deal of experience in the Real Estate Industry. I have managed and run my own office for over 16 yrs.

What I am looking for is an established Independent Agent to allow me to start my business under them and then either branch off or stay with them. I am willing to pay them for their experience and use of Appointments until I can obtain my own. What is this worth to someone? $20,000, $30,000.
I know that it would be next to impossible to obtain my own appointments with no experience or book of business. Which is why I am willing to pay someone for the use of their Appointments for a period of time or form some type of partnership. I know companies like Smart Choice exist but, they pretty much have you from what I could tell. (Correct me if I am wrong) they offer good commissions but then if you want leave them you can not get your own direct appointments for two years. This is what I want to pay someone for.

This is just a very lengthily but brief explanation of what I am trying to do. Let me know if you would like more information. Let me know if you think that no one would want to do this or if you know of someone that is or would like to do this.

In laymen terms it would be a rent a broker. I pay you for the use of your appoints.

Thank you,
Where are you located?

I really don't think you should be paying anyone for this outside of overrides/commission split and then you could use your money for marketing. Going to a P&C shop (I presume that's what you're referencing) and saying "I'd like to work under you and I have $20k for marketing, but I'd like to leave with my book in X amount of time" is a pretty reasonable offer.

Thank you for your reply, I completely agree pick one. I do plan on just being an Insurance agent. In crude terms, what I really am looking for is someone that will let me rent their appointments until I can get my own. How much would that be worth to someone?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am located in California.

Do you know anyone here that would do this?

Last edited:
In Florida 1 franchise charges $60k the other two that I know of roughly charge $30k

Only one of them the not so well known $30k franchise are you the owner of your own book...the other two you have economic interest in which case if you decide to sell you can to someone else or back to the company for 1.5x earnings.

I can see why Florida could demand a fee for use of carriers. 30+ carriers for 30k in this banana republic of Florida is not absurd.

I don't know and I haven't looked around. If you pick up the phone and talk to some of the independent agencies in your area you could probably find one that way.

This is how i got started. Its like ghost writing or sub brokering if you are in the california area i may be able to work out something with you as far as p&c. I specialize in auto and have a few full on commercial companies. What are you looking to write? Pm me if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am responding this way because the system says I need 20 post before I cam PM.

Yes,

I am interested in talking. When is a good time to discuss this with you?

I am looking to write P&C mostly. I do have my H&L licenses too though.

Looking forward to talking,

[email protected]
I am a new agent.

Thank you,
I am a new agent.

Thank you,

Thank you,

Thank you,

Thank you,

Last edited:
Emailed. Also why did you quote the entire conversation? I just ask because I need to fill 20 words.

Back