Looking for Best General Agent / Wholesaler for P&C

Zina

Hi insurance colleagues,
I have been captive insurance agent in state of CA since 2003 and now moved to TX.
I am currently exploring the world of how to become independent insurance agent for possibly multiple states at the start.
At this point having a challenge to find who will be better choice of signing up as general agent or wholesaler for P&C and commercial

Actually since you have experience now in TX there are quite cluster or groups. IE TWFG, SIAA and others. You might want to look at those groups you will be appointed and ready to go in a short time.

It's hard to get appointed on your own and even if you do they require a big premium commitment.

Contact carriers directly and see what they want to see for a direct appointment. A lot of them have to approve contracts for clusters and wholesalers as well so they can tell you some of the biggest ones they provide in your area. Safeco did that for me here in NC and they told me a couple that were regional here so they were harder to find online. I was pleased to hear about them though once I found them online.

There is no better place to hear where to get appointments than from the carriers themselves. Just make a list on who you want and call them and see what they want for direct appointments.

Contact carriers directly and see what they want to see for a direct appointment. A lot of them have to approve contracts for clusters and wholesalers as well so they can tell you some of the biggest ones they provide in your area. Safeco did that for me here in NC and they told me a couple that were regional here so they were harder to find online. I was pleased to hear about them though once I found them online.

There is no better place to hear where to get appointments than from the carriers themselves. Just make a list on who you want and call them and see what they want for direct appointments.

*Thank you very much, that is great idea to contact carriers directly. Genius ideas should be simple and straight forward:)
* What software do you use for quotes?

*Thank you very much, that is great idea to contact carriers directly. Genius ideas should be simple and straight forward:)
* What software do you use for quotes?

The elusive obvious my friend. I use the software from the companies directly. I only use 2-3 at a time unless they have an unusual need, so it isn't very bad. Depending on companies rater software still doesn't do the whole job and you have to go in and complete it anyway. From what I hear, Kemper is like this.

Back