Looking for Company-Specific X-date Program

This might be a pipe dream, but I was wondering if anyone knows of an X-date (or similar type) program/system that's based on the homeowner's current insurance carrier? In other words, if I could target X-dates with specific carriers that I know I can beat rate-wise (I'm an independent agent with access to about 9 companies), that would be great!

Over the last two days I've submitted my info online with various lead company quoting sights to gain some insight into the process. One guy who called me back from homeinsurance.com was able to pull my home info from public records while I was on the phone with him! I thought that was pretty cool, and it made me think, what if I could find out who people are currently insured with?

I'm sick of the online lead programs that just push garbage out the door and charge you for it. I'm looking for a way to pin-point my marketing and thought this might be one way to get the most bang for my buck.

Over the last two days I've submitted my info online with various lead company quoting sights to gain some insight into the process.

I think that makes you a jerk.

That said, if you want something company specific then you need to do what Frank does and basically compile his own.

Investigating how a specific lead company works before I spend my hard-earned cash makes me a jerk? I think your reply is very short-sighted.

That said, who is this "Frank" you speak of?

Investigating how a specific lead company works before I spend my hard-earned cash makes me a jerk? I think your reply is very short-sighted.

No, putting your name into a system a few times and making other agents pay a lead vendor for your name and contact information is what make you a jerk. You're making other agents spend their "hard-earned cash" to feed your curiosity when you could have just as easily done your research in ways that don't involve wasting the time and money of your peers. Don't you think that is a jerk move?

That said, who is this "Frank" you speak of?

Frank Stastny. He uses his desktop software (yourinsuranceoffice.com) to track what carrier specific clients have. When he gets wind that a carrier is raising his rates he checks through the database and calls through all the folks he knows have that specific carrier. It's genius!

Thanks for the info on Frank; I'll have to check that out.

Still don't agree with your "jerk" comment. It's not like I went to every online lead company and entered my info just for kicks. I picked out 2, to be exact, that I was considering and wanted to see their process.

As someone who has spent lots of money on internet leads in the past, I know what it's like to get bogus leads. So when people called & emailed me, I politely told them I was an insurance agent just trying out the system. I even told them to request credit. Would a jerk do that?

In the end, my suspicions were correct. Instead of just that particular site where I entered my info, somehow my request made it to at least 3 sites that I'm aware of. The lead company said their shared leads went to 3-5 agents max. Turns out it ended up being almost twice that.

While I used to do somewhat well with internet leads, now I despise them. Internet leads=waste of time & money, IMO.

Still don't agree with your "jerk" comment.

As someone who has spent lots of money on internet leads in the past, I know what it's like to get bogus leads. So when people called & emailed me, I politely told them I was an insurance agent just trying out the system. I even told them to request credit. Would a jerk do that?

Why should you make an insurance agent have to pick an extra fight with the lead vendor? Many of them either cap how many returns you can get or would hide behind the fact that if the agent had valid contact info then they would not credit them back. You're not exactly gaining and new insight to the system, the fact that those leads get sold and resold and resold above and beyond what they claim is common knowledge.

In the end, my suspicions were correct. Instead of just that particular site where I entered my info, somehow my request made it to at least 3 sites that I'm aware of. The lead company said their shared leads went to 3-5 agents max. Turns out it ended up being almost twice that.

So what you're saying is that you wasted the time and money of over a dozen agents/agencies? I guess we have different opinions of what a jerk is. I think wasting the time and money of over a dozen agents/agencies to only find out the obvious is jerk thing to do, but that's just me.

Your home information is easily accessible online, your carrier is not. plus, that info changes too often to make an accurate list.

This might be a pipe dream, but I was wondering if anyone knows of an X-date (or similar type) program/system that's based on the homeowner's current insurance carrier? In other words, if I could target X-dates with specific carriers that I know I can beat rate-wise (I'm an independent agent with access to about 9 companies), that would be great!

Over the last two days I've submitted my info online with various lead company quoting sights to gain some insight into the process. One guy who called me back from homeinsurance.com was able to pull my home info from public records while I was on the phone with him! I thought that was pretty cool, and it made me think, what if I could find out who people are currently insured with?

I'm sick of the online lead programs that just push garbage out the door and charge you for it. I'm looking for a way to pin-point my marketing and thought this might be one way to get the most bang for my buck.

Let me get you the winning lottery numbers also.....

What else can I do for you to make your life so much easier? :no::swoon:

Like I said, maybe a pipe dream, but you never know until you ask, right? Kind of like life insurance, but that's an entirely different thread.

What about establishing a relationship/joint venture partnership with a title company or someone who works there? I don't know if this would be any better/worse compared to a mortgage broker. I just thought a title company may not be getting barraged by insurance agents and might be more open to establishing a relationship. Anyone have any experience dealing with title companies?

Like I said, maybe a pipe dream, but you never know until you ask, right? Kind of like life insurance, but that's an entirely different thread.

What about establishing a relationship/joint venture partnership with a title company or someone who works there? I don't know if this would be any better/worse compared to a mortgage broker. I just thought a title company may not be getting barraged by insurance agents and might be more open to establishing a relationship. Anyone have any experience dealing with title companies?

Did you pass the license test yet?:goofy:

I wish i could get a list of someone auto insuramce with, name, address, birthdays, license numbers, VINs, coverages, and their rates...

Then I could create actual real quotes for people who's companies I know I am cheaper than and mail the crap out of them, call them, and hell, i would even door knock them!

Geez, you know, this is really a great idea, where can i come up with this list? Hell, I could write so much business in 6 months, I could probally retire!

:goofy::1confused::no::swoon::nah::biggrin:

Back