Looking For FMO's / Advice and Direction from All Gurus

shomethemoney

Dear All:
As you might have already figured out I am very new to the world of Independent Insurance Selling. I am currently licensed in the state of NY and would like to sell Medicare plans.
I will really appreciate any advice / Tips and FMO recommendations from you Gurus out there. I also need advise on E&O and the best place to get one since there are so many of them out there. Someone with a monthly payment plan would be great.
I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you all.

regards

I'm assuming you live in NY? NY is a rough state and I'm not sure why you would want to start selling Medicare plans or any for that matter. I'm sure you have one, but I'd be curious to hear it. I have spent most of my career in NY, feel free to e-mail me with more specifics. Also, eandoforless seems to have treated me well.

Thank you MPS for your response. I am very new to this and ny is where I live. What other states would be good to look into?
Regards

What part of NY are you selling in?

I would look at UnitedHealthcare's AARP branded Medicare Supplements. The rates a pretty good and the commission is competitive. You also have the brand name to help you out (when is doesn't hurt). Being new to the market, the brand name may give you creditability too.

I'll check tomorrow and see if there are any other companies that you'll want to keep on your radar. If there are, I'll add a new post.

Thank you MPS for your response. I am very new to this and ny is where I live. What other states would be good to look into?
Regards

If you're in NY I would stick to selling in your backyard, but I'm of the opinion every agent should start doing face to face appointments. Not sure what part of NY you're in, but the state is pretty well burnt over. Not saying there isn't money to be made, but it is very competitive.

Ryan is a good guy and I would recommend AgentPipeline/Integrated Benefits to anyone. They've also been straight with me and any other agents I've ever heard of. NY is an odd market and most FMO's can't wrap their heads around it. It is a GI state so the only thing that matters with supps is the rate. Most seniors (upstate) already have the AARP plan F or a very good reason why they don't have it. That's not a bad product to go in with, but FE is pretty solid too. There are only a handful of FE carriers in NY: Columbian, Universal American (American Progressive), Presidential, and Unity. The first three are really the big ones.

What part of the state do you live in? Why do you want to sell insurance?

Ryan is a good guy and I would recommend AgentPipeline/Integrated Benefits to anyone. They've also been straight with me and any other agents I've ever heard of.

Thanks for the feedback. It's great to hear it.

You're right on NY being a hard market for most FMOs. It's due to the high costs associated with agent recruiting and lack of insurance companies willing to enter the NY market.

Back