Looking for good property/casualty course

DamaskGirl

I'm just getting started on property/casualty and need to find the best quality and cost efficient online course for different learning styles, dyslexia friendly, user interface, study friendliness, ample time to study, keynotes, flashcards, accessibility to ask questions and practice tests. I know I can't ask for all of this. Just want to get something that is high quality overall. Thanks so much.

In my opinion, you need a study strategy, not just study stuff.

1. Go through the pre-licensing videos or live class. Take notes as you go. One advantage to online videos is the chance to hit pause and rewind. You can't do that in a live class.
2. After you complete the pre-licensing live class, take a couple practice exams to see where you're strong and weak. Also to make sure that you understood the question and why you chose the answer you did. Pay careful attention to the word 'except' in any test question to make sure you understand what the question is really asking.
3. Create your own terminology flash cards - particularly in the areas where you're weaker. Creating them is a form of study, then ongoing review will help.
4. Continue to take various practice exams until you're scoring an 85%+ easily. Ideally, your practice exams will simulate the real exam and allow you to 'flag' questions to review before you submit your test.

I have sent all of my producers through kfeducation.com. Kaplan Financial either live or correspondence. Pass rate 100%... but to DHKs point, a strategy is imperative. I love the Kaplan study calendar that you can follow and adjust to your schedule.

I used Kaplan's Producer's P & C Licensing Exam Manual, as well as the ExamFX study package (the package that include videos, flashcards and audio MP3s), and finally the Insurance Schools Inc. course (a printed text), but Insurance Schools Inc. is designed to be a 6-month course and goes way further into detail than Kaplan or ExamFX.

Personally I think Kaplan is best, if supplemented with real-life explanations from articles. The videos on ExamFX are a great resource as well. Best of luck to you.

Back