Looking for Health Agents in Missouri Selling UHC/AARP...Help Please!!

misagent007

Hello everyone-

This is my first post on this forum and I am a bit nervous. But here goes. :)

BACKGROUND:

I have just moved to Missouri from Louisiana and am contracted with UHC to market their Med. Sup plans, Med. Advantage plans, (AARP Secure Horizons) etc... My GA is a company called Advanced Health-Life out of Tenn. I have finally received all my marketing materials as of this past Friday. I am ready to go. My GA is suppose to supply me with daily appointments beginning tomorrow.

Questions:
  1. Is anyone currently contracted with UHC through Advanced Health-Life or, have been in the past? If so, what's your opinion about this company. Any
  2. Are the UHC products competitive in the St. Louis area? Any problems?
I know nothing, zero, zip about this area. Any insight and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am also a little concerned about this GA. I was informed friday that I would be charged for the appointments. In all the numerous emails back and forth this was never even brought up and was not included on my contract with them. Not a word. And....I was promised 5 or 6 scheduled appointments appointments for tomorrow. Yet, I have still not received them. (night before)....

I pray someone can shed some light on my concerns.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to MO. It's a great state.

But...

I don't sell MA at all, but sell the heck out of Supplements. I have one thing to say about AARP... GOD BLESS EM.

I love finding a AARP insured person. A simple ten minute conversation and they are mine, mine, all mine. They are way over priced in rural MO and barely in range for T65 men in the metro areas.

I do use them for a gate keeper situation that I run into a couple times per year. If someone is totally uninsurable AARP will take em. I place them there for 11 months then pull them off under the Missouri GI law to a cheaper company under the same plan.

Visit the state insurance web site, click senior, and download a copy of the Show Me Shopper. It has the unique Missouri GI law that can be frustrating/beneficial.

Hello everyone-

This is my first post on this forum and I am a bit nervous. But here goes. :)

BACKGROUND:

I have just moved to Missouri from Louisiana and am contracted with UHC to market their Med. Sup plans, Med. Advantage plans, (AARP Secure Horizons) etc... My GA is a company called Advanced Health-Life out of Tenn. I have finally received all my marketing materials as of this past Friday. I am ready to go. My GA is suppose to supply me with daily appointments beginning tomorrow.

Questions:
  1. Is anyone currently contracted with UHC through Advanced Health-Life or, have been in the past? If so, what's your opinion about this company. Any
  2. Are the UHC products competitive in the St. Louis area? Any problems?
I know nothing, zero, zip about this area. Any insight and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am also a little concerned about this GA. I was informed friday that I would be charged for the appointments. In all the numerous emails back and forth this was never even brought up and was not included on my contract with them. Not a word. And....I was promised 5 or 6 scheduled appointments appointments for tomorrow. Yet, I have still not received them. (night before)....

I pray someone can shed some light on my concerns.

Thank you so much!

A resident professional on the seniors market operating in Missouri is Frank Stastny. Frank is usually very generous with his time and helpful. I would talk to Frank.

I am jealous that you have the GI in MO. Here in Ga prospects have to be underwritten unless T-65 or loss of creditable coverage.

AARP is community rated so for older ages people can actually save premium by switching.

I would also like to say welcome to Missouri.

Where to start?

Like Gordon, I just love AARP also for just about the same reasons. I like to talk so it may take me around 12 minutes of conversation before I "own them". :D

I do not sell MA plans either, I do not think they are good for people who live in rural Missouri. I only sell Med Supps and I don't try to do it in the greater St. Louis metro area, especially East of I-270. I neither have the time or patience to go on appointments in that area.

Your concerns are very much justified. You said, "Not a word. And....I was promised 5 or 6 scheduled appointments appointments for tomorrow. Yet, I have still not received them." Does the phrase "blowing smoke..." ring a bell?

Appointments to sell what? Are these "appointments" to "drop off information"? How much are they charging you for these so called "appointments"? If they are for MA plans were the "appointments" leagally obtained?

I hope you are not holding your breath. I sell Med Supps all over the state of Missouri. Even when I lived there I did not prospect in the greater St. Louis metro area.

You may have some degree of "success" selling MA plans in the St. Louis area for the next two and a half months. If you want to sell Med Supps after March 31 be prepared to drive as much as an hour or two one way to get to your first appointment.

It almost sounds like your GA convinced you to move to St. Louis with the promise of "set appointments". I sure hope that isn't the case.

If you want to be successful selling Med Supps, set your own appointments otherwise you are going to be spending a lot of windshield time and pissing away a lot of money on gas.

You sound pretty new to insurance, how long have you been working in the senior market?

Good morning all-

Thank you for your response to my post and shedding a little light to my situation. (especially Frank !) Well, as of this posting, I still have not received my appointments from my GA. I'll email and call the agency again. If that's not successful, I'm not sure what my next step is. Suggestions?? I am pretty sick to my stomach at this point. Frank, I believe you asked in your response to my post if I was new the senior market. I'm not new. Just new to Missouri,UHC, and this GA. I have been in the senior market in Louisiana for 3 years and did very well. For the first 2 years I was a captive agent for a national top 5 company. (regional top salesman for three quarters) and an independent agent last year. So, I do have a fairly good handle on how this market works(well, at least I thought I did ) ;0 but now,..... not so much. Any suggestions on GA's in the St. Charles, St Louis area that I can possibly contact to write business through their agency?

I am sincerely grateful for your replies. I appreciate your wise and thoughtful assistance.:laugh:
</IMG>

Good morning all-

Thank you for your response to my post and shedding a little light to my situation. (especially Frank !) Well, as of this posting, I still have not received my appointments from my GA. I'll email and call the agency again. If that's not successful, I'm not sure what my next step is. Suggestions?? I am pretty sick to my stomach at this point. Frank, I believe you asked in your response to my post if I was new the senior market. I'm not new. Just new to Missouri,UHC, and this GA. I have been in the senior market in Louisiana for 3 years and did very well. For the first 2 years I was a captive agent for a national top 5 company. (regional top salesman for three quarters) and an independent agent last year. So, I do have a fairly good handle on how this market works(well, at least I thought I did ) ;0 but now,..... not so much. Any suggestions on GA's in the St. Charles, St Louis area that I can possibly contact to write business through their agency?

I am sincerely grateful for your replies. I appreciate your wise and thoughtful assistance.:laugh:
</IMG>

I google searched that agency.

Is this them? Rip-off Report: Bill Menchaca, John Wilson, LMW, Senior Benefit GroupBill Advanced Health-life 2 individuals that ripoff insurance commissions due their insurance agents... Nashville Tennessee:skeptical:

Back