Looking for Hospital Indemnity Plan

Didn't notice any with Medico, but did notice that pregnancy is excluded. Does any HIPs out there cover admissions due to pregnancy?

If memory serves me right Humana had (has?) a plan that paid for pregnancy after a waiting period. I'm not sure of any others since ACA requires that to be paid.

They are competitive.. The CI plan is unusual in that for each unit it will pay $5K lump sum and then $500 per month for 12 months for a total of 11K... Also has other benefits for hospital daily, ambulance, transportation and lodging benefits. When you compare it with other companies' 10K plan, it does very well.

Their Cancer plan pays for immunotherapy the same as Chemo and Radiation therapies. Many companies do not cover immunothrapy at all and this the area where the greatest progress in treatment is being made. There are a few other benefits that give it USP in the market.

Looking at GTL, I didn't see where it says it won't pay for it in the exclusions.

Didn't notice any with Medico, but did notice that pregnancy is excluded. Does any HIPs out there cover admissions due to pregnancy?

Same answer as above. I don't see it in GTL's exclusions.

Looking at GTL, I didn't see where it says it won't pay for it in the exclusions.

Same answer as above. I don't see it in GTL's exclusions.

In the case of immunotherapy, it is not that it is excluded, it a case of it not being a covered expense in the scheduled benefit plans. They specify chemo and radiation but do not included immunotherapy which is a separate type of Expense.

----------

Central United OOP plan covers normal childbirth as long as the pregnancy begins after the policy issue date.

In the case of immunotherapy, it is not that it is excluded, it a case of it not being a covered expense in the scheduled benefit plans. They specify chemo and radiation but do not included immunotherapy which is a separate type of Expense.

I suppose, because GTL's is a lump sum, it wouldn't be a problem.

No.. Because they do not pay based on services received. Do they not have a treatment incurred plan? I thought they wrote the same plan on their pepper that they administer for UNL.

As far as I can see they are all lump sum benefits. I did find this though:

GTL’s Cancer coverage is unique in that you will receive an
additional benefit of 25 percent of your chosen Lump Sum
amount should you undergo a qualifying experimental treatment
that has been approved or endorsed by the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration or the National Institute of Health while being
treated for cancer.

----------

Can you email me info on GTL?

Sent you an email.

Latest posts

Back