Looking for Insurance Career

Merboth

I was a successful insurance agent with Washington National. I have been terminated with them because of a DUI, criminal mischief, and a 3rd degree assault. I have since stopped drinking. I was wondering what companies would appoint me? Any help would be much appreciated.

I was a successful insurance agent with Washington National. I have been terminated with them because of a DUI, criminal mischief, and a 3rd degree assault. I have since stopped drinking. I was wondering what companies would appoint me? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'd try Bankers Life & Casualty. I think you'd fit right in.:yes:

I believe Banker's Life owns Washington National now. So forget about that.

But I don't believe that having a 3rd degree assault conviction makes somebody a bad guy. Maybe the guy he slugged was a member of this forum; there are lots of guys who post here who ought to be punched in the nose :yes:

I believe Banker's Life owns Washington National now. So forget about that.

But I don't believe that having a 3rd degree assault conviction makes somebody a bad guy. Maybe the guy he slugged was a member of this forum; there are lots of guys who post here who ought to be punched in the nose :yes:

Bankers Life, Washington National and Colonial Penn are all owned by Conseco.

I guess there are a couple of guys on here that I'd give him a waiver for applying a good nose punch to. :yes:

A FEW QUESTIONS will help you figure this out;

• You still got your lic.?
  • What about E/O?
  • What kinda Insurance were you selling before?
  • How long ago was the incident?
  • Are you on probation?
  • Were any of the charges related to the practice of selling Insurance?

BTW, 3rd degree assault could be Domestic Violence charge which happen every-day. A Woman can pick up the phone, call the police and have you arrested on "her word" for domestic violence. PRESTO; You are now a convicted Felon. You'll have to fight that with attorney and it will cost you 10k even if charges are false.

LINK to Article on 3rd degree assault and Domestic Violence (for the old timers). And LINK for "more woman commit DV. If you are too busy playing bridge to find out what's going on in the "real world", you may want to pass this information onto "Your son"----it might save his Neck!

Last edited:
Let's help this man, not judge him.

I'm still too new here so I have no answers. I do say congrats on being sober. Having been married to an alcoholic, I can say it was hell. For him too.

Good luck!

Back