Looking for Jackson National Contract

Aren't they direct only?

I believe so. But many direct companies allow agents/IMOs to sub-contract other agents... but of course comp is cut for that sub-agent. You can find Penn/Guardian/NYL/MM through various IMOs... but your comp will not be as high as if you had a true direct contract.

I believe so. But many direct companies allow agents/IMOs to sub-contract other agents... but of course comp is cut for that sub-agent. You can find Penn/Guardian/NYL/MM through various IMOs... but your comp will not be as high as if you had a true direct contract.

Back in my Adult Daycare days they would not allow me sub contract. May gave changed.

Back in my Adult Daycare days they would not allow me sub contract. May gave changed.

It depends on the company and channel you are contracted with.

The big mutuals usually will not contract an indy direct. It usually has to go through some type of arrangement with a GA/IMO. Penn would be the exception there. I also think MM allows indy agents to subcontract. But if your directly under mother mutual as a captive agent then of course not!

Midland allows for sub-agent contracting. Im pretty sure JN does too. But obviously the sub takes a cut in comp.
(Ive seen IMOs offer midland contracts and I always just shake my head... it happened on here not too long ago I think in the life section)

Last edited:
It depends on the company and channel you are contracted with.

The big mutuals usually will not contract an indy direct. It usually has to go through some type of arrangement with a GA/IMO. Penn would be the exception there. I also think MM allows indy agents to subcontract. But if your directly under mother mutual as a captive agent then of course not!

Midland allows for sub-agent contracting. Im pretty sure JN does too. But obviously the sub takes a cut in comp.
(Ive seen IMOs offer midland contracts and I always just shake my head... it happened on here not too long ago I think in the life section)

Sorry, the "they" was JNL. They must have changed it. I was talking 20 years ago.

Back