Looking for LTC Cold Call Scripts. Please !

Re: LTC.........Cold Call Scripts.......Please!!

Although not directly related to LTC, I do have some stuff on FreeTelemarketingScripts.com you may find helpful.

My advice is that Ltc is a tricky sale for a few reasons, premiums aren't guaranteed, and expensive enough and hard to qualify for when it becomes a real concern. Group sales is good for people looking for ltc, because of the discount premiums (look at Moo for group, indy is Mass and JH).
My suggestion is to lead in with Medicare Supplements (because chances are these people have money) and show them how the Part A Hospital-Expenses doesn't cover ltc, although some Seniors will think it does due to the Nursing benefit. This should lead seamlessly into talking or planting the seed for ltc.
Also, its more important to help your clients craft a Ltc plan, whether it involves medicaid planning, an ltc policy, or certain services like home-based with family administering the care (depending on the type of disability) or professional based with a visiting professional or at a professional nursing/rehab facility.
My teacher first order of homework was to visit a local nursing home to view how they do business, what the customary charges are (for them compared to the state), and to see the difference between private care and medicaid care (which isn't always the case depending on location).
Also, find out if your state has a partnership plan, that will reimburse dollar for dollar in case a medicaid spend-down happens after they exhaust their policy.
And finally, look into spousal sharing of plans, some plans will allow spouses to share a benefit amount.

But its alot easier to lead into ltci AFTER you have shown value by selling or saving them money on something else. Not to say it can't be done. My suggestion is if you aren't going to do that, then arrange seminars at a local library (make sure you don't solicit, but pass out an education resource that has various ways of contact for crafting a plan for the more interest ones). Another niche market to look for is the kids of older parents. This will affect alot of kids currently in their 30's-50's. This will affect their job, family, quality of life, and relationship, and it doesn't hurt to craft a plan for themselves or their older parents before this becomes an issue.

Hope this helps!

My advice is that Ltc is a tricky sale for a few reasons, premiums aren't guaranteed, and expensive enough and hard to qualify for when it becomes a real concern. Group sales is good for people looking for ltc, because of the discount premiums (look at Moo for group, indy is Mass and JH).
My suggestion is to lead in with Medicare Supplements (because chances are these people have money) and show them how the Part A Hospital-Expenses doesn't cover ltc, although some Seniors will think it does due to the Nursing benefit. This should lead seamlessly into talking or planting the seed for ltc.
Also, its more important to help your clients craft a Ltc plan, whether it involves medicaid planning, an ltc policy, or certain services like home-based with family administering the care (depending on the type of disability) or professional based with a visiting professional or at a professional nursing/rehab facility.
My teacher first order of homework was to visit a local nursing home to view how they do business, what the customary charges are (for them compared to the state), and to see the difference between private care and medicaid care (which isn't always the case depending on location).
Also, find out if your state has a partnership plan, that will reimburse dollar for dollar in case a medicaid spend-down happens after they exhaust their policy.
And finally, look into spousal sharing of plans, some plans will allow spouses to share a benefit amount.

But its alot easier to lead into ltci AFTER you have shown value by selling or saving them money on something else. Not to say it can't be done. My suggestion is if you aren't going to do that, then arrange seminars at a local library (make sure you don't solicit, but pass out an education resource that has various ways of contact for crafting a plan for the more interest ones). Another niche market to look for is the kids of older parents. This will affect alot of kids currently in their 30's-50's. This will affect their job, family, quality of life, and relationship, and it doesn't hurt to craft a plan for themselves or their older parents before this becomes an issue.

Hope this helps!

That's some good advice. LTCi's probably one of the hardest to cold call about.

I think it would be an uphill battle as others have stated. If you could screen for names to call between the ages of 50 to 63 with an average household income of at least $70,000, I could see how it could work.

If I was forced at gunpoint to make cold calls for LTCi, I would probably use a script that got to this question:

"Has anyone taken the time to explain to you how long term care insurance works? Do you have any family memebers that have ever needed nursing home care?"

Go from there. JMO.

Still, an uphill battle. IMO, there are easier points of entry. For me, I have found LTCi to be a relatively easy sale to a current client, a difficult sale to a prospect.

I think it would be an uphill battle as others have stated. If you could screen for names to call between the ages of 50 to 63 with an average household income of at least $70,000, I could see how it could work.

If I was forced at gunpoint to make cold calls for LTCi, I would probably use a script that got to this question:

"Has anyone taken the time to explain to you how long term care insurance works? Do you have any family memebers that have ever needed nursing home care?"

Go from there. JMO.

Still, an uphill battle. IMO, there are easier points of entry. For me, I have found LTCi to be a relatively easy sale to a current client, a difficult sale to a prospect.

First of all, if my life depending on cold calling for LTCi I would have to think about it.

Second, nursing homes are covered quite nicely by Medicaid. 75%+ of people receive care initially at home and 75% of them never go into a nursing home.

Use the words "extended care" instead.

Rick

Latest posts

Back