Looking for Mentor in Dallas, Texas Area

Martilyo

Hello,

I am in my early 40's and currently work in the oil and gas industry. I am a Navy veteran of 10 years and a computer nerd. I have a passion to help people. I work overseas a month at a time and even though I'm making in the 6 figures, I only see my family half the year total. When I was younger, I owned and operated a retail computer store. I closed it due to not wanting to commit to a 10 year lease. I was young and knew nothing about running a business. I was in my late 20's at the time.

Fast forward to now, I am wanting another business that I can help people and at the same time receive passive income. I have been contacted by a Farmers and State Farm recruiter, yet it seems like they allow their agents to hold most of the financial liability, and also control the money. I really don't see how that makes for a successful business. You might be a business owner, technically, but with a quick decision, you could no longer be able to sell their products and you are left "holding the bag," so to speak.

I am currently working on a business plan to start my own independent P&C insurance company. My intentions will be to expand into health, life and retirement products. I have capital to do this, but what I don't have is experience. I am searching for a mentor in my local area that I can work for while I am on my off time from work. Obviously I would want the arrangement to be mutually beneficial. If not, no one wins. If anyone is willing to help me, please let me know and we can sit down and talk about this. I would even be interested in buying an established agency or book of business. If anyone is interestedoing, please let me know. Thanks.

Back