Looking For New Insurance Company

gil_happy

Hello,

My situation is a little unique and I'm having difficulty finding an insurance company that can properly insure my properties, vehicles, as well as a providing an umbrella policy. I will try to outline what I have and what I'm looking for:

- I have my primary residence (a lake front home) that I live at full time. I currently do fully furnished vacation rentals that are anywhere from 3 days to 10 days in duration through VRBO.com. When my home is rented, I go out of town, etc.

- I also have a condominium that I rent out fully furnished as well through CHBO (corporate Housing By Owner). This is considered an investment property (filed that way on tax return - was originally my primary residence) and is rented out about 10 months out of the year. The lease agreements are typically 2 to 4 months at a time.

- I then have 2 automobiles as well as a boat that I need insurance for.

- I do not have any type of LLC or business license for any of the above, etc.

- I am currently using AllState for all of the above, but am told that since the rentals are / could be considered 'business activities', if I ever needed to file a claim, I may not be covered as this falls under a 'grey area'.

Any help or suggestions in finding an insurance company that can insure all of the above to my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Where are you located? There are several options available through independent agents that will suit you much better than anything Allstate can offer.

Where are you located? There are several options available through independent agents that will suit you much better than anything Allstate can offer.

Hi, I'm located in Georgia (Atlanta area).

----------

Thank you... I'll take a look at Trusted Choice.

Hello,

My situation is a little unique and I'm having difficulty finding an insurance company that can properly insure my properties, vehicles, as well as a providing an umbrella policy. I will try to outline what I have and what I'm looking for:

- I have my primary residence (a lake front home) that I live at full time. I currently do fully furnished vacation rentals that are anywhere from 3 days to 10 days in duration through VRBO.com. When my home is rented, I go out of town, etc.

- I also have a condominium that I rent out fully furnished as well through CHBO (corporate Housing By Owner). This is considered an investment property (filed that way on tax return - was originally my primary residence) and is rented out about 10 months out of the year. The lease agreements are typically 2 to 4 months at a time.

- I then have 2 automobiles as well as a boat that I need insurance for.

- I do not have any type of LLC or business license for any of the above, etc.

- I am currently using AllState for all of the above, but am told that since the rentals are / could be considered 'business activities', if I ever needed to file a claim, I may not be covered as this falls under a 'grey area'.

Any help or suggestions in finding an insurance company that can insure all of the above to my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

While Allstate is a good company (I've got AllState agent friends), they can't provide a solution to all of your risk management and insurance needs. You're doing the right thing by utilizing Trusted Choice. Independent agents can tailor a plan to fit your needs.

While Allstate is a good company (I've got AllState agent friends), they can't provide a solution to all of your risk management and insurance needs. You're doing the right thing by utilizing Trusted Choice. Independent agents can tailor a plan to fit your needs.

You are correct... I have received quotes from 4 different companies that have indicated the can cover my needs. I will be reviewing them shortly and choosing one that best suits my needs.

Thanks for the tip.

Back