Looking for Recent Experience with Unique Underwriters

dst100B

I cannot seem to find any recent posts on anyone's experience with Unique Underwriters. I am a little leery about someone who contacts me with an application in hand. I like to get to know the IMO's reputation and how they work. In the process of leaving a captive Agency (don't want to go back there again:nah:)

Sorry if I am repeating a question. Cannot seem to find anything current.

Thanks much!!

I cannot seem to find any recent posts on anyone's experience with Unique Underwriters. I am a little leery about someone who contacts me with an application in hand. I like to get to know the IMO's reputation and how they work. In the process of leaving a captive Agency (don't want to go back there again:nah:) Sorry if I am repeating a question. Cannot seem to find anything current. Thanks much!!

Someone contacted you from Unique Underwriters? Unique Underwriters, Inc. went out of business a couple of years ago. It was owned by Ralph Simpson & Sam Wolfe. There is (was) an IMO in California named Unique Writers.

I cannot seem to find any recent posts on anyone's experience with Unique Underwriters. I am a little leery about someone who contacts me with an application in hand. I like to get to know the IMO's reputation and how they work. In the process of leaving a captive Agency (don't want to go back there again:nah:) Sorry if I am repeating a question. Cannot seem to find anything current. Thanks much!!

With any IMOs you have to cover the basics first. If those concerns pass the test the rest is just fine tuning.

The knock out basics are:

1. Do they release ? What are their requirements to be released? Ours is that the new IMO takes responsibility for any debts. The agent can be released immediately. To me that's acceptable. If they make you sit out six months, that's unacceptable.

2. Commission levels. Very easy to compare. Request the commission grids (1st year and renewal) for all the companies you may have with them. If they only want to tell him to you verbally, that's a huge red flag. If they act like they don't have them or if it's too hard to find him that's a huge red flag. If they"forget" to send them to you... That's your fault if you sign paperwork without having that documented first. Compare compare compare before you sign up.

3. New direct mail leads- what do they cost? Are they exclusive or are they ever resold? What does the lead card say? B-leads, tele-leads, other leads are nice extras. But you will live and die by the new direct-mail leads as your main source if you're going to sell final expense.

4. Training? Classroom? Field training? Weekly calls? Website? Should have ongoing access to someone that is doing successfully what you want to do. Should already be built into your commission levels.

These are the things that are important to your success.

Also if they talk to you about recruiting agents under you to make an override before you are on solid ground and doing fantastic yourself, run.

Your best bet is to contact 360 financial or other IMOs that dont sit on here and recruit all day.

First rule of choosing an IMO is to avoid the ones who are on forums all day marketing as opposed to training and working with agents. That is a big red flag

Your best bet is to contact 360 financial or other IMOs that dont sit on here and recruit all day. First rule of choosing an IMO is to avoid the ones who are on forums all day marketing as opposed to training and working with agents. That is a big red flag

It's getting shilly in here! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

You forgot to say not to go to 360's upline or any of 360's downlines or you don't earn your keep. Got to be with the right guy.

Any IMO that is active on the forum is pretty open about all things that matter. The ones that hide in the shadows and send shills in to bad mouth their competitors...not so much.

"ARRRGGGHHH says the Pirate, from the Pirate ship" ( get it, you call yourself a pirate ship)

Again, I stand by my statement. avoid any IMO who spends all day on any type of insurance forum. These are the ones to avoid. Also, you want to avoid any Co-Owner of an IMO who lies, and accuses other insurance members of having multiple user names. If someone lies about something like that, what else are they lying about? As a matter of fact, I'd avoid IMO's "downlines" who belong to an IMO who lies about stuff like this.

Successful IMO's are active with their agents, training, and even selling insurance themselves. Yet to come across any successful IMO who sits on here all day.

Beware of the marketers who spend all day on here! Lots of great options out there. This forum is a very small piece of the overall insurance world!

"ARRRGGGHHH says the Pirate, from the Pirate ship" ( get it, you call yourself a pirate ship) Again, I stand by my statement. avoid any IMO who spends all day on any type of insurance forum. These are the ones to avoid. Also, you want to avoid any Co-Owner of an IMO who lies, and accuses other insurance members of having multiple user names. If someone lies about something like that, what else are they lying about? As a matter of fact, I'd avoid IMO's "downlines" who belong to an IMO who lies about stuff like this. Successful IMO's are active with their agents, training, and even selling insurance themselves. Yet to come across any successful IMO who sits on here all day. Beware of the marketers who spend all day on here! Lots of great options out there. This forum is a very small piece of the overall insurance world!

Ha,ha,ha! Matt(Ginger)Schmidt, you're still rejected. Keep shilling for Brad. You don't have many choices left.

Ha,ha,ha! Matt(Ginger)Schmidt, you're still rejected. Keep shilling for Brad. You don't have many choices left.

you'd be surprised what choices I have. Especially since my wife just past her CFP certification, and is now selling Med sups. and Indexed annuities for us.

Sky is the limit! And we only "shill" for IMO's who are reputable and honest. So I guess that leaves out the "pirate ship" of Final expense contracts. ( get it, you're not honest, and you refer yourself to a Pirate Ship)

And remember Lois Einhorn, laces out!!! I have to go run, and be a dad tonight. You enjoy the Golden Corral buffet!

you'd be surprised what choices I have. Especially since my wife just past her CFP certification, and is now selling Med sups. and Indexed annuities for us. Sky is the limit! And we only "shill" for IMO's who are reputable and honest. So I guess that leaves out the "pirate ship" of Final expense contracts. ( get it, you're not honest, and you refer yourself to a Pirate Ship) And remember Lois Einhorn, laces out!!! I have to go run, and be a dad tonight. You enjoy the Golden Corral buffet!

Man that explains a lot!

Newby sells FE. Matt wants to learn how to sell FE.

Newby's wife gets her CFP. Matt's wife gets her CFP.

Newby's wife sells Med Sups and annuities. Matt's wife is gonna sell Med Sups and annuities.

Hell I'm way beyond your mentor. I'm your hero!

Man that explains a lot!

Newby sells FE. Matt wants to learn how to sell FE.

Newby's wife gets her CFP. Matt's wife gets her CFP.

Newby's wife sells Med Sups and annuities. Matt's wife is gonna sell Med Sups and annuities.

Hell I'm way beyond your mentor. I'm your hero!

Close!

Newby "markets FE" , while Newby's partner Sells FE, as does Matt and his agents

Newby's wife doesn't use her CFP, while Matt's wife does

Newby Markets Med supps and annuities, while Matt's wife actually sells them

Newby also lies as he's a dishonest marketer. Matt tells it like it is and Newby gets defensive and tells lies.

Hell, the more I look at it, I'm your mentor! And I don't think you're anyone's hero outside of people who go to Eaters Anonymous.

Remember Lois Eihorn, "laces out"

Back