Looking for SGA contract for MAPDs

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have primarily worked selling MAPDs and some Med Supps for the last 12 years. I have a decent book with over 450 MAPD members and I am now interested in starting my own agency and recruiting agents. Is it difficult to get the plans/carriers to offer SGA contracts and do they typically have high production requirements? I have heard it is not hard to get GA contracts, but I would prefer a higher contract level. Can anyone on the forum offer me an SGA contract?

Others who really know will chime in, but it is my understanding you need a lot more than 450 clients to get a recruiting contract for Medigap. No clue about requirements for MA.

Others who really know will chime in, but it is my understanding you need a lot more than 450 clients to get a recruiting contract for Medigap. No clue about requirements for MA.

Not only that, some carriers require that you have a minimum number of downline agents before handing out a higher contract.

I have primarily worked selling MAPDs and some Med Supps for the last 12 years. I have a decent book with over 450 MAPD members and I am now interested in starting my own agency and recruiting agents. Is it difficult to get the plans/carriers to offer SGA contracts and do they typically have high production requirements? I have heard it is not hard to get GA contracts, but I would prefer a higher contract level. Can anyone on the forum offer me an SGA contract?

Contact One Life. Based on that production, I imagine you would get promoted quick.

Thanks. Do you have contact or at least phone number for me to call at One Life?

That looks like a final expense agency. I am looking at recruiting MAPD agents primarily. So what does One Life pay on commissions if they give free DM leads?

That looks like a final expense agency. I am looking at recruiting MAPD agents primarily. So what does One Life pay on commissions if they give free DM leads?

They have a Medicare side . . . I wouldn't do their captive life program. You can do their Life Broker program and get % = to most on this forum if not better.

OK. Just noticed that Ken Parker the owner of this company. If I am not mistaken, he used to own Parker & Assoc, which I believe was sued because he failed to pay renewal commissions on Medicare business to a ton of agents about 10-12 years ago. That is when I started in the MAPD business and everyone said stay away from Parker & Assoc. What has changed that would make me want to affiliated with them today?

OK. Just noticed that Ken Parker the owner of this company. If I am not mistaken, he used to own Parker & Assoc, which I believe was sued because he failed to pay renewal commissions on Medicare business to a ton of agents about 10-12 years ago. That is when I started in the MAPD business and everyone said stay away from Parker & Assoc. What has changed that would make me want to affiliated with them today?

I wasnt in the biz back then - don't know much about it. They have many offices, many agents and create millions a week in AP - something must be right . . .

Back