Looking for SGA contract for MAPDs

OK. Just noticed that Ken Parker the owner of this company. If I am not mistaken, he used to own Parker & Assoc, which I believe was sued because he failed to pay renewal commissions on Medicare business to a ton of agents about 10-12 years ago. That is when I started in the MAPD business and everyone said stay away from Parker & Assoc. What has changed that would make me want to affiliated with them today?

If he is the same guy, there is nothing he could do that would convince me to contract under them.

Check with each company directly too.
I know UHC mapd will depend on your down line. I think with 3 agents you have a GA contract and it moves up from there.

I have primarily worked selling MAPDs and some Med Supps for the last 12 years. I have a decent book with over 450 MAPD members and I am now interested in starting my own agency and recruiting agents. Is it difficult to get the plans/carriers to offer SGA contracts and do they typically have high production requirements? I have heard it is not hard to get GA contracts, but I would prefer a higher contract level. Can anyone on the forum offer me an SGA contract?

Give me a call when you get the chance (540-400-6275). Aetna, Humana, and UHC all have different requirements for specific levels. Aetna and Humana is mainly production requirements and UHC has some X number of agents and production or so many med advanage/med supps or combination.

Just curious why you folks recruiting agents don't have a toll-free number? I'm just a lowly agent and I have a toll-free number for my out of area clients. I would never ask them to call me on their dime. I mean, I understand more and more people are going with cell phones where there are no long distance charges, but many folks who are of Medicare age still have and use a land line. You are making money off of agents, not the other way around. Seems you would offer them a toll-free way to reach you. Just my opinion.

Our 800 number is in our signature. I used to be absolutely convinced that we needed it. Now I'm not so sure, even though I don't see us giving it up in the future.

I can assure you that my clients in areas where it would be a long distance call, use my toll-free number as evidenced by my monthly bill. I can see a time in the future where it will be irrelevant as everyone transitions away from land lines. But until that day comes, I will continue with my toll-free number so my clients and prospective clients don't have to spend money to do business with me.

Back