Looking for solid advice

ddelp

So i have been selling life/mp the past 6 months with decent results. However lately i have been feeling that I'm in a fading market thats getting tougher. My number one challenge in this market is that most clients are only free on evenings/saturdays vs during the day.

Right or wrong this has led me to look seriously at moving to FE as my primary (hopefully during the day appointments) and sell MP/life around it. Ive got a quality lead source for both so the real thing is timing of the markets and scheduling days vs evenings. Am I looking at this in reasonable way? Or is this just hopeful thinking with the same type of market and times just different age of clients?

Any advice from you FE studs would be appreciated! Thanks

You're thinking correctly.

Use two nights per week on the phone to set up 3 days in the field for MP. Door knock your FE leads and door knock your MP leads after you have called them for two weeks.

This will also allow you to set a couple of earlier MP appointments without a separate trip as you'll be in the area all day anyway.

You're thinking correctly.

Use two nights per week on the phone to set up 3 days in the field for MP. Door knock your FE leads and door knock your MP leads after you have called them for two weeks.

This will also allow you to set a couple of earlier MP appointments without a separate trip as you'll be in the area all day anyway.

Some good things to consider Win. Thanks

Im assuming that you find FE is what around 75% or so day appointments with MP prob being 75-85% nights? I know my MP ratios but have never sold FE just seems like thats how it would be...thoughts??

Some good things to consider Win. Thanks

Im assuming that you find FE is what around 75% or so day appointments with MP prob being 75-85% nights? I know my MP ratios but have never sold FE just seems like thats how it would be...thoughts??

Correct...depending on the list you're mailing to.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Man, this would have me wanting to reach for a pistol...

To each his own. IMHO, if you're setting your own appointments and not door knocking after two weeks on MP or FE leads you're leaving a bunch of money on the table.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how hungry you are as to how diligent you will be with any sort of marketing.

Others have said this before, there is a fine line between persistence and stalking. Some never know when they have crossed it.

Used to work with a guy who said he kept calling until they buy or die.

I use drip marketing, which is not the same, but still get's the point across. Wrote an app yesterday on a guy who told me 3 weeks ago he was going to buy from the first agent he talked to and not to waste my time.

No problem, I asked if it was OK to keep in touch, just in case . . .

He had no objection, so I kept dripping.

He called and said he never should have listened to the first guy. Blue turned him down (Hep A 25 yrs ago). That is NOT a declinable condition with them (or other carriers) if the condition is not being treated.

Wrote him with Aetna. Will pick up $580 over the next 12 months.

Subtle persistence, not stalking.

Back