Looking for Some Script Feedback

Thanks, Toehill :cool:

Here's the script I use and have had some success mainly with B2B calls:

Hi! How are you today? Great! My name is -------- and I'm with ---------. I've been helping other --------- businesses in your area save money on their insurance. I'm just calling today to see if you'd like a free quote to see how much I can save your business?

Short, sweet and to the point. Never had anyone hang up on me either. They are always super nice whether they say yes or no. :yes:

Thanks, Toehill :cool:

Here's the script I use and have had some success mainly with B2B calls:

Hi! How are you today? Great! My name is -------- and I'm with ---------. I've been helping other --------- businesses in your area save money on their insurance. I'm just calling today to see if you'd like a free quote to see how much I can save your business?

Short, sweet and to the point. Never had anyone hang up on me either. They are always super nice whether they say yes or no. :yes:

Hate it when a caller starts off asking me, "How are you".. My feeling is they really couldn't care less. If you left off the "Hi! How are you today? Great! ", it would be close to a perfect script, especially if you are calling B2B where folks appreciate you not wasting their time with a lot of fluff questions..

If you are calling B2C "How are you" can be playing Russian Roulette, especially if you're calling seniors. "How are you" lead to, Well, my "authoritis" is acting up and the there are my hemorrhoids, they been bleeding a lot lately, etc" You don't want to be rude and hang up, after all you gave them your name and company, so you end up being on the phone for 30 minutes talking with someone who has no intention of buying anything anyway. They are just lonely and thrilled someone asked them "How are you".

You're right...I really don't care so much how they are today but when they answer the phone 'hi', I feel like I need a transition before I jump right into 'My name is...'. Generally, it's more conversational and I say it more like 'Hey...how ya doin today? Well, that's good. Listen...my name is...' and go from there. I've been speaking mostly with auto repair guys and it seems to work for them. :) Oh, and I haven't gotten the 'my arthritis is acting up' unless I've spoken with them several times already and I'm calling to talk about the next step. At that point, I do care about how they are doing. ;)

You're right...I really don't care so much how they are today but when they answer the phone 'hi', I feel like I need a transition before I jump right into 'My name is...'. Generally, it's more conversational and I say it more like 'Hey...how ya doin today? Well, that's good. Listen...my name is...' and go from there. I've been speaking mostly with auto repair guys and it seems to work for them. :) Oh, and I haven't gotten the 'my arthritis is acting up' unless I've spoken with them several times already and I'm calling to talk about the next step. At that point, I do care about how they are doing. ;)

You aren't calling us old folks.. We love to tell everyone who will listen what ails us. :swoon:

Back