Looking For Tips To be A Top Producer!

Hi everyone!

My name is Rebekah and I am a new producer in South Carolina. Just completed 2nd month with a brand new Allstate agent and agency and love this field!
Hoping to pick your brains a bit. I love serving my local community through protecting all they have worked hard for. I am also a new ambassador at my local Chamber of Commerce.
I have a small salary and a minimum sales goal of 15k that must be hit month 3. First 2 months we were getting our feet wet and learning. I know i have so much to learn and am excited.
My first month premium was $6,700 and 2nd month ended at $10,300.
I want to develop a solid success strategy! Our first month the focus was calling 100-200 a day, second month we started going out in the community more as we are brand new and learning as we go. I am new to this area and the policies i wrote were the people i knew primarily and a few from calls. Also, the Chamber seems like great opportunity. Sold to one man I met there with a good premium and met several area business owners I am planning to cultivate relationships with.
I want to develop a blue print to be a 25k month producer and grow with the sky being the limit. So I would love guidance from some professionals. I want to work smart, know what times and days are best for certain activities, and how to drum up the business. I am eager to learn and very hard-working. Im a one income home, so this is where the rubber hits the road.
Thanks in advance for all who share advice. I am in it to win it!
RebekahThanks

I'm not in P&C, but I would use the word "compete" in every approach. You want to see how well you can compete for their business. P&C is very much seen as a commodity, but individual agents are not. Don't call people "to see if I can save you some money". That's weak. Call on people because you want to compete for their business. That's strong.

And don't just compete on price. Compete on service. First, before you can offer a quote, or even before you begin an audit of their current coverage (and any weak points)... take about 1 minute to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, how you do it... and that if they find your service helpful, that if they think of others that they know, like, and trust who would also benefit, that you can discuss that when you come back with your recommendations. (Plant the seed for referrals, then don't talk about it anymore.) Ask them if they have any questions on their current coverage - and if there's anything they'd like to see different. If there are any (I'm sure there will be), be sure to point out the weak areas and how they could be a problem.

When you come back to present, show two quotes: One for "like for like" coverage exactly as they have it, then one for optimal coverage that will protect more of their assets, plug the holes, etc. Even if they don't buy, if they appreciate the work you've done and the quality of advice and attention to their coverage, simply ask them if they thought of anyone through your process that could benefit from the kind of work you've done together. If so, great. Arrange for introductions. If not, no problem. You simply followed up on your previous request.

As you grow your effectiveness in your approach, that will bring more value to any other work you do.

If you want some great training on referrals, I'd get Sandy Schussel's training for only $37 or his online webinar series for $149.

Products

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your time and thoughtful response. I love these ideas and am looking forward to implementing them immediately.

I have one more question. What are your thoughts on going 1099 with higher commisions versus $11.50 hourly salary with 5% commission for 15-20 and slightly higher every additional 5k I write? Im thinking I may need more flexibility to attend events and come and go freely to do what I need to get more out in the community to acheive my goals. I am at the iffice currently 8:30-5:30 and while I am encouraged to prospect, I am limited in the amount of time I can spend out.

Thank you DHK. Well, its becoming that. As an Ambassador for the Chamber they would like me at more events. My first event I closed $2,800 premium on a man and only had time to speak with 2 others. Im thinking this could be a good avenue.

I've never had good luck with the Chamber, so my experience has a bias against counting on this long-term. However, make the case to your agent.

Back