Looking for value

Chico52

I've spent time today looking through the other discussions regarding IMO/FMO's. Didn't quit receive what I was looking for. I'm curious:

1) Who is your IMO/FMO?
2) Why are you with them? What value do they bring?
I'm looking more for -Customer service? -Marketing?

I was previously with 3Mentors and went to another FMO. I thought I found someone, started throwing a little business their way and they've fumbled the ball too many times. I believe with what they currently have and then the business I added overwhelmed them. Haven't been as happy since 3Mentors sold. I've looked at Impact Partnership recently. I'm mostly looking for awesome customer support and incredible marketing power behind them. Who else do you suggest and why?

What kind of policies do you sell ? Term? FE ? Whole/Iul? etc..

and what type of support you're looking for ? underwriting, processing , technology? etc..

Term, IUL, Fixed Annuities, DI
Looking for an FMO that can help with marketing, seminar ideas and growth support. Annual meetings with other advisors to share ideas. I'm a decent sized producer but have potential to be a top producer. $15MM in annuities is in the current path I'm going. 4-5 term policies a month, 10 DI policies a year. A few IUL's, but that's only because I haven't even concentrated on it but have the desire to. I was hoping 3Mentors and Impact Partnership would kind of show the type of place I'm looking for.

I really don't care if they have DI, but I do sell it. I have a place to place that business.

I've spent time today looking through the other discussions regarding IMO/FMO's. Didn't quit receive what I was looking for. I'm curious:

1) Who is your IMO/FMO?
2) Why are you with them? What value do they bring?
I'm looking more for -Customer service? -Marketing?

I was previously with 3Mentors and went to another FMO. I thought I found someone, started throwing a little business their way and they've fumbled the ball too many times. I believe with what they currently have and then the business I added overwhelmed them. Haven't been as happy since 3Mentors sold. I've looked at Impact Partnership recently. I'm mostly looking for awesome customer support and incredible marketing power behind them. Who else do you suggest and why?
Take a look at CPS. www.cpsinsurance.com. They are the largest independent insurance broker in the US. I use them for all of my life and DI business.

Not much action on this thread. What does everyone else do to grow?

Common theme-
"Referrals"
"Seminars"
"Lead Generation"

I have a feeling not many people responded because no one is actively growing. Is your IMO/FMO really providing value? Are you putting your head in the sand or do you "justify" by saying I'm doing awesome because I make $125k a year? Let's make this a valuable thread and be honest:

What value does your IMO/FMO bring and why? Why are you with them?

No. Your assumption would be wrong. You're too dependent upon your IMO. Some of us have moved beyond needing much from an IMO aside from a great contract.

The more you are dependent upon an IMO, the less you are an "independent" agent. Your question and answers shows that you're looking for an "independent job".

If you need your IMO to make you successful, (I think) you're climbing up the wrong tree and asking the wrong questions.

If you want help with referrals, I'd look for the right skills. Sandy Schussel is probably the best at that. You can order his training for $37.

Products

If you want help with seminars and lead generation, I'd get systems and training from the Insurance Pro Shop.

www.insuranceproshop.com.

Now, once you have your own training & systems, you can go "shop" everyone for the best "deal" rather than whoever has the best crutches to make you dependent on them.

Where in Virginia are you?

Growing your business is on you, not FMO. What are you looking for in an FMO? What can they do for you?

No. Your assumption would be wrong. You're too dependent upon your IMO. Some of us have moved beyond needing much from an IMO aside from a great contract.

The more you are dependent upon an IMO, the less you are an "independent" agent. Your question and answers shows that you're looking for an "independent job".

If you need your IMO to make you successful, (I think) you're climbing up the wrong tree and asking the wrong questions.
I've read a lot about you and respect you DHK. However, I believe you didn't read the full thread. I'm not dependent on my FMO. I honestly produce more than you.

However, they are a vital part of my success. You can say you moved beyond needing the FMO all your want, or realize I'm happy at my plateau or I have created "lifestyle practice".

I'm looking for the people that don't want to say "I'm awesome, I produce $125k or $250k, "We don't need help from anyone because I'm awesome". Arrogance does create sanity for some.

I'm humble and happy. But want to grow. I'm am leaning towards Impact Partners. Anyone have any valuable responses? If you don't know the IMO's I've referenced then probably not.. But is anyone out there?

Back