Looking for Website Feedback

beachbum2012

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Well, after several weeks of writing content, getting feedback from compliance, getting a logo designed, etc. my website is finally up and running. There are lots of things that I want to add as time goes on but this is my version 1.0, if you will. I'd love to hear any feedback: good, bad, or indifferent.

Home | Paramount Retirement Solutions

Well, after several weeks of writing content, getting feedback from compliance, getting a logo designed, etc. my website is finally up and running. There are lots of things that I want to add as time goes on but this is my version 1.0, if you will. I'd love to hear any feedback: good, bad, or indifferent.

Home | Paramount Retirement Solutions

I'm no expert, but it looks good to me. It's obvious that you put a lot of work into it. I like the colors.

Off the cuff ...........

- consider a larger font for your contact info at top of page

- contact me page, consider making the first paragraph or two about the reader and less about you. Most folks won't read a lengthy bio, no matter how wonderful it is, but they do want to know what are you going to do to help THEM

- glossary is a nice touch. Should help with SEO.

- overall, consider shorter paragraphs, with only 1 or 2 sentences. Much easier to read and not as intimidating as a "wall of words". Also consider highlighting key points with bold typeface to draw the eye in. Bullet points near the top of the page also work.

I think it looks great. It's mobile optimized. I like how you have a floating contact bar at the top which makes it easy to contact you no matter where you're at on your website.

You can encrypt it and make it secure for about $10.00 per year. There are even companies that offer small warranties on their encryption for that price. Unencrypted websites are the devils playground as far as cyber liability is concerned. Easy fix though.

1. Get cloud flare . They'll give you a free ssl.
2. Get macafee security for your site. It's free also. Makes site look more trusting.
3. Get sumome to build your email list & mailchimp to auto email subscribers. Also free.
4. You need more call to action buttons. Your site looks nice but won't convert traffic into leads as well in my opinion.
5. Add your 1800 number at the top.

Take your email off your site immediately unless you want tons of spam.

Once a spider comes along and scrapes your site it's a wrap.

I made that mistake and it can't be undone without abandoning the email address.

It doesn't require a very complicated program to create a contact form that will serve the same function but keep your email address hidden on the server.

Anyone with some basic web programming skills should be able to help you or help you find someone who can.

Back