Looking into Telesales

I am having to change some things for a while and work from home doing telesales. I have the equipment, headset, etc. I've been looking at several companies offering such a setup, and I think I have my mind made up, but I want to hear from others here. Is there someone with experience in telesales, who is working with a company and can give an unbiased review? Specifically, I want to know about set up fees, live transfer lead costs, and monthly fees vs earnings. Thanks in advance. DA

Do you mean as an employee? In Ins ? what line of ins?

I am an independant Medicare Ins agent I work in a dozen states all over the phone, My lead cost vary dep on source and quality.Dif things needed also varies in cost

I know nothing about what to expect as an employee though

Do you mean as an employee? In Ins ? what line of ins?

I am an independant Medicare Ins agent I work in a dozen states all over the phone, My lead cost vary dep on source and quality.Dif things needed also varies in cost

I know nothing about what to expect as an employee though
I am currently indep. Right now I sell CHS plans and nursing home coverage for Guarantee Trust Life as my main carrier, but I'm in a situation where I need to be home. What I was wondering is there a legitimate telesales opportunity out there for either medicare advantage or final expense, where I won't have to sell my soul, or pay a small fortune to get started. What I've found is alot of companies want an obscene amount of money for transfer leads or they
Guarantee leads but make you take a huge hit on advances. It would probably be as an employee or a 1099 scratch agent.

Last edited:
I sell medicare all by phone, I don't know of any good opportunities with free leads, these usually come with a hefty cut in commissions

MA sales will need compliant leads which will cost a lot.Med Supp however you can cold call or buy teli leads fairly cheap to get a start

----------

You will need some good carrier contracts too and need to know your underwriting,

You can check out medicareagenttraining dot com and sell medicarebyphone dot com

for some good info on how to get started

I am currently indep. Right now I sell CHS plans and nursing home coverage for Guarantee Trust Life as my main carrier, but I'm in a situation where I need to be home. What I was wondering is there a legitimate telesales opportunity out there for either medicare advantage or final expense, where I won't have to sell my soul, or pay a small fortune to get started. What I've found is alot of companies want an obscene amount of money for transfer leads or they
Guarantee leads but make you take a huge hit on advances. It would probably be as an employee or a 1099 scratch agent.
Hey Dan we help agents get set up selling FE over the phone every day. PM me for more details.

Agent992,

You are the LAST person on this forum who should be offering any advice to anyone about anything.

A quick view of your posts would clearly show that.

i currently work for an fmo...with free leads. Ive made about 50k my first 4 months and thats not even working full time. We have an unlimited number of leads and you can get good bonuses too like quarterly ones of 5k-14k. all telesales...chargebacks yes but still works out well.

Lol ok.... and if anyone believes that they deserve whatever they get

You've earned every bit of your reputation to have a "fan club" here.

Just reading your posts and threads will confirm that... just as it has proved the reputations of others before you that have 'come and gone'.

What I was wondering is there a legitimate telesales opportunity out there for either medicare advantage or final expense,

I believe you're circling around the solution, but haven't quite found it.
I strongly recommend not trying to start selling final expense by phone, due to the chargebacks alone. Medicare Advantage prospects cannot be cold called and you're very limited in the ways you can contact them, then the regulatory environment surrounding every conversation, etc. can be a nightmare.

To be an independent agent, though, selling Medicare Supplements by phone means you can get the full commission, be truly independent, control your own lead generation (quality, cost, etc.) and build a great residual income with virtually no chargebacks (98% persistency). I've been doing this since 2008 as my focus and it's very much worth it.

The folks you'll be dealing with are not the lowest income (final expense and some MAPD) and this also opens other avenues of cross selling because they have the resources to secure coverage they feel they need. The referrals that come from savings folks money on Medicare Supplements are a tremendous bonus that I never expected when I started out, but are flowing after just a few years in the business.

Lastly, I recommend NOT assigning your commisions to anyone. Remain independent. Do not sign on as an employee, building someone else's empire for them.

This week I got a message from an agent who is working for a "friend" for the last few years. This agent was given a predictive dialer account and a list of T65's (turning 65 seniors) and told to dial for dollars. Nothing wrong with that, but his cases were assigned 100% to the friend's agency. This agent made just $150 one-time for each case secured.

My encouragement was to make his own way, go independent, and build a significant residual income, especially since he's mastered the art of cold calling and has consistent business coming in. The difference can be up to $1,800 over 6 years, per case, instead of $150 one-time.

Back