Looking to get P&C license. Looking into Firefly AgencyHas anyone ever worked with firefly agency?

I have been a licensed insurance agent for eight years on their health and life side. I recently decided to get licensed in P&C. Has anyone ever worked with firefly agency?

Hi! IMO, if you're new to P&C, you might be better off getting on as a producer for an established, successful agency. That would allow you to get training, mentoring and product knowledge that will serve you well later when you branch out and start your own agency.

There was someone on here that was a big enough fan that that went with Firefly. There was some natural questioning as to why on the same thread that I believe go no response. Find that thread.

I am currently a Broker and have been for years. I just sell on the health and life side. Firefly looked like a great option to sell P&C but I couldn't find any fair reviews online or if the book of business is yours. Im just simply tired of throwing away business that I could be writing. My current clients always ask me for quotes and I have to refer business out because I current can't write it. It looked like an easy way to start in P&C.

Hi! IMO, if you're new to P&C, you might be better off getting on as a producer for an established, successful agency. That would allow you to get training, mentoring and product knowledge that will serve you well later when you branch out and start your own agency.

#truth

You don't just dabble in P&C or think its an easy addition because you can sling a term policy. It is a completely different mindset and UW experience. More service work... more dealing with UWs who waste your day to inspect a business only to deny coverage because there are too many cardboard boxes in the corner of the basement...

...and if you think you are going to get by simply writing auto... good luck. I can throw a rock and hit 3 State Farm offices, and Allstate office, and a Farmers agent who are all fighting for the same thing. I would rather chew glass than chase auto.

If someone is serious about P&C, its going to take you a few months to get into the swing of things and having a more seasoned person to work with will make the process a bit more palatable.

Might I interest you in a spectacular inland marine policy?

Back