Looking to Hire Producer in MA

HCCIA

Expert
MA
Any advise? Looking for a P&C producer who is young and hungry! Thinking of going straight commission. Or perhaps a small drawer. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Any advise? Looking for a P&C producer who is young and hungry! Thinking of going straight commission. Or perhaps a small drawer. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Go after someone that has sales experience in the industry you write the most.
If you specialize in construction hire someone that worked for a construction materials dealer or large general contractor. If you write a lot of personal lines go after a mortgage broker or real estate agent. Producers that have existing relationships will bring in a lot of business quickly.
They pay structure depends on the individual. You may be able to get a young producer living at home to come in straight commission but you wont get a person with a family that has bills to pay.
Finding the write person is key. If you think you have a Shark get them at all costs. ****, I would give them 75% first year or two. After that they are married to you and its very hard for them to walk away.

Go after someone that has sales experience in the industry you write the most.

Finding the write person is key. If you think you have a Shark get them at all costs. ****, I would give them 75% first year or two. After that they are married to you and its very hard for them to walk away.

I signed on with an agency and I was the fourth person hired for this position. It's an 80/20 split with light support for now. I agree it's clear to have the right person, but I would broaden your point to say hire someone with a purpose.

My own hiring was specifically to broaden the geographic reach of the agency. I would ask what specific goal you want to achieve by hiring someone and how much support are you willing to give them.

Best of luck!

Back