Looking to Purchase Individual Health in OH, Preexisting

arba

I have an ongoing search to find a low cost individual health plan. I am relatively inexpensive to insure. I have one problem that is keeping companies from picking me up: I have ongoing abnormal paps, LGSIL. It appears that underwriters can't make the distinction between actual cancer risk paps and the mild LGSIL. My GYN was very surprised to find that insurance companies would pass over me because of this. I really only want hospitalization insurance for accidents and perhaps some coverage for check-ups and med discounts. Is there anyone who can help? I will pass your business on to my GYN office so other women in the same position can get coverage. It turns out, there are a lot of us.

Last edited:
I have an ongoing search to find a low cost individual health plan. I am relatively inexpensive to insure. I have one problem that is keeping companies from picking me up: I have ongoing abnormal paps, LGSIL. It appears that underwriters can't make the distinction between actual cancer risk paps and the mild LGSIL. My GYN was very surprised to find that insurance companies would pass over me because of this. I really only want hospitalization insurance for accidents and perhaps some coverage for check-ups and med discounts. Is there anyone who can help? I will pass your business on to my GYN office so other women in the same position can get coverage. It turns out, there are a lot of us.

Which all companies have you applied with?

Search the forum for "Chumps from Oxford". He's a health agent in Ohio and would probably be able to help you..

Tough one. Typically, carriers like to see clean paps, especially the last one (or few).

Feel free to email me at [email protected]. Of course, I don't have the final decision in the process, but based on the information you provide, I can recommend the best course of action with what specific company.

I have an ongoing search to find a low cost individual health plan. I am relatively inexpensive to insure.

Ed - what about Medical Mutual of Ohio? In my opinion they have drastically different underwriting and may approve with rate up vs. decline?

If you are not setup with them, I can assist her as well - your call, but they might be worth looking into for this situation.

Yes I still keep my Ohio license! I won't hi jack this into an OSU discussion...

Physicians really have no idea how health insurance works. I have heard comments from them like "gee your heart attack was more than a year ago, I can't believe that insurance company would not take you!"

Back