Looking to purchase P&C book which includes commercial lines

Vin Somra

Austin
Hi Everyone,

I am a lurker and thought I’d try the forum for input in trying to find an insurance book of business to purchase. I would like to grow the book organically after purchase so i want to look at $100k -$150k revenue books. I am open to various states especially if it’s a niche commercial book. Also, looking for state which allows broker fees but not a deal breaker. Sorry, if this post is spammy but i have looked at agency broker, bizbuysell, bizquest...etc and had no luck.

I am also open to partnering with another agent to purchase a book and be an owner/agent. I want to take advantage of social media and digital marketing to grow the book.

Cheers

Vin Somra

We hired a firm that specializes in making those calls to agency owners and then forwards that info/connection to us.

Good luck with your search. Lots of agents looking to grow this way, especially with the commercial part.

Anyone who has their book listed on sites tends to want a pretty steep premium (and will likely get it). You are better off as 1manshow suggested, go on a hunt for one, not a passive search. They are out there, but they are hard to find.

Dan

^ Couldn't help but notice 'Shop A': Selling auto and home insurance in Phoenix for 15 years with $30,000 revenue!. What has this guy been doing? and has a Travelers appointment. Maybe its $30k/month...

Back