Looking to purchase P&C book which includes commercial lines

Jan 8, 2019

1. Vin Somra

Vin Somra New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi Everyone,

I am a lurker and thought I’d try the forum for input in trying to find an insurance book of business to purchase. I would like to grow the book organically after purchase so i want to look at $100k -$150k revenue books. I am open to various states especially if it’s a niche commercial book. Also, looking for state which allows broker fees but not a deal breaker. Sorry, if this post is spammy but i have looked at agency broker, bizbuysell, bizquest...etc and had no luck.

I am also open to partnering with another agent to purchase a book and be an owner/agent. I want to take advantage of social media and digital marketing to grow the book.

Cheers

Vin Somra

2. Vin Somra

Vin Somra New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry if the post seems spammy,*

3. 1manshow

1manshow Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    We hired a firm that specializes in making those calls to agency owners and then forwards that info/connection to us.

1manshow, Jan 10, 2019
  4. djs

djs Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    Good luck with your search. Lots of agents looking to grow this way, especially with the commercial part.

Anyone who has their book listed on sites tends to want a pretty steep premium (and will likely get it). You are better off as 1manshow suggested, go on a hunt for one, not a passive search. They are out there, but they are hard to find.

Dan

djs, Jan 10, 2019
  5. LookingforAgents

LookingforAgents New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I sent you a PM, I work for a top tier insurance company looking for agents. We can discuss options.

6. 1manshow

1manshow Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    1manshow, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:20 PM
  7. AZDave

AZDave Guru

State:
    Arizona
    ^ Couldn't help but notice 'Shop A': Selling auto and home insurance in Phoenix for 15 years with $30,000 revenue!. What has this guy been doing? and has a Travelers appointment. Maybe its $30k/month...

AZDave, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:39 PM
  8. LookingforAgents

LookingforAgents New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Thought same thing seems low?