Looking to sell Medicare Advantage -- Who is best FMO/GA in Harris County, TX (Houston) area?

If you have at least 1 downline we can offer overrides on your MAPD business. $50-$75 extra per MAPD app above the regular agent commission.
Interesting thread. So how does that work? Don't you have to be a GA to get those overrides? From my understanding, I thought you were required to have at least 5 agents and commit to 500 apps minimum per yr to get a GA contract and therefore benefit from the overrides. How do you get around this?

Interesting thread. So how does that work? Don't you have to be a GA to get those overrides? From my understanding, I thought you were required to have at least 5 agents and commit to 500 apps minimum per yr to get a GA contract and therefore benefit from the overrides. How do you get around this?

Each company has different guidelines for overrides. Your FMO should be able to provide you this info.

Each company has different guidelines for overrides. Your FMO should be able to provide you this info.

Are you saying that this has nothing to do with the carriers? Also, my FMO says 5 agents and commit to 500 apps per year. How does that compare to other FMO's in the market?

Are you saying that this has nothing to do with the carriers? Also, my FMO says 5 agents and commit to 500 apps per year. How does that compare to other FMO's in the market?

Point being, your FMO should address this with you.. MA companees have different policies and they are enforced differently. For example, UHC is stricter than other companies; they can and will terminate when their guidelines are violated. If an FMO is not giving accurate info, that's a problem.

To more directly answer your question; it has everything to do with the carriers.

Here is UHC's criteria...

GA – 5 contracted agents and either 100 MA Plans, or 100 Med Supps, or a combination of 150.
MGA – 10 contracted agents and 300 MA Plans, or 300 Med Supps, or a combination of 475.

GA – 5 contracted agents and either 100 MA Plans, or 100 Med Supps, or a combination of 150.
MGA – 10 contracted agents and 300 MA Plans, or 300 Med Supps, or a combination of 475.
Thanks Todd for the specifics... The threshold is much lower than I understood it to be... or do you mean 100 MA PLans, or 100 Med Supps FROM EACH AGENT which would get you to 500 apps?

You can contracts as a GA right off the bat, but then they will give you a little while to get your 5 agents and the number of apps you need, which are from all of your agents.

Wow, that is not that high, I do GA numbers by myself most years, But you would still need agents under though right?

Back