Looking to Start My Own Agency....HELP

I have been working as a producer for an independent agency for the past three years and I am looking to just start my own agency. I want to work out of my home to avoid any overhead. What do I need to do? Licensing? Help please!

By the way, I'm just P&C. I'll leave L&H to the big boys.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean?

Are talking about selling insurance as an independent producer, all by yourself?

OR

Do you want to be a GA, start your own agency, hire agents to sell for/under you?

Sell as an independent agent, by my lonesome. I hold my general lines license. I work at an independent agency, get a draw salary and have a minimum target of 100k premium to hit a month. I write around 120K per month average. However, my boss has decided to focus on commercial auto and I'm being restricted to selling only that. I want to write what I want, to whoever I want. I love the industry and have thought about changing agencies, but I want the 10-12% commission to myself since I'm also servicing these clients as well.

Sell as an independent agent, by my lonesome. I hold my general lines license. I work at an independent agency, get a draw salary and have a minimum target of 100k premium to hit a month. I write around 120K per month average. However, my boss has decided to focus on commercial auto and I'm being restricted to selling only that. I want to write what I want, to whoever I want. I love the industry and have thought about changing agencies, but I want the 10-12% commission to myself since I'm also servicing these clients as well.
You should be able to contract yourself with Superior Access as an independent agent with your P&C.

Back