Losing VA SEP or GI?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I have not run into this before But I spoke to a lead today that said he is possibly losing VA at the end of the month due to increased income. I didn't even know that was possible.

Question is does he have GI for Supp and SEP for PDP?

He would not qualify for underwriting

I have not run into this before But I spoke to a lead today that said he is possibly losing VA at the end of the month due to increased income. I didn't even know that was possible.

Question is does he have GI for Supp and SEP for PDP?

He would not qualify for underwriting

I'm assuming you already verified that he even has Original Medicare. Yes to the SEP for PDP.

The VA doesn't check your income so I'm suspicious of this.

That was what I thought doesn't make sense. I asked 3 x are you sure and that's what he said was the reason, But said he wont know for sure till the end of the month

Ill speak with him today but I have had the feeling something was not right since I never heard anything like this before.

When I applied for VA in 1985. I opted to make copays rather than take a means test and have some GS-5 poke around in my finances. People trying to enroll in the VA now don't have that option. The VA certainly does check your income but I don't know if they do it regularly. I thought once in the system, you stay in.

When I applied for VA in 1985. I opted to make copays rather than take a means test and have some GS-5 poke around in my finances. People trying to enroll in the VA now don't have that option. The VA certainly does check your income but I don't know if they do it regularly. I thought once in the system, you stay in.

A clue! Experience is extremely valuable. For anyone interested, information is available here. https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/cost/financial_assessment.asp

Back