Low cost or free marketing and lead generating ideas?

Travelman77

Opening up my own captive agency soon. I know you have to spend money to make money, but I also know there are many very effective low or no cost options to market yourself and generate leads. So far I have cold calling, knocking door to door, networking with mortgage brokers, networking with real estate professionals, social media posts, volunteering, joining local organizations, friends and family, and referrals. Are there any good ones I’m missing?

You could do neighborhood events. For example, do a movie night or maybe a cookout and bounce house. Get some other local businesses to donate some items and do a silent auction.

Aged internet leads (30-90 days old) for life, home and auto insurance is very inexpensive.

Market to small businesses for bops and cross sell life, home, and auto insurance to owners and employees.

I know a local Geico agency that writes 300 auto policies a month just working auto internet leads with 3 agents.

Cold call and network with small business owners, network with CPA's to get IUL, WL and annuity cases with their small business clients. 80% of all small business owners don't have a financial advisor or retirement planner, be their person :biggrin:

Last edited:
Cold call and network with small business owners, network with CPA's to get IUL, WL and annuity cases with their small business clients. 80% of all small business owners don't have a financial advisor or insurance agent, be their person :biggrin:

where did you pull this stat from? That sounds really high to me.

Opening up my own captive agency soon. I know you have to spend money to make money, but I also know there are many very effective low or no cost options to market yourself and generate leads. So far I have cold calling, knocking door to door, networking with mortgage brokers, networking with real estate professionals, social media posts, volunteering, joining local organizations, friends and family, and referrals. Are there any good ones I’m missing?
Facebook advertising .

Cold call and network with small business owners, network with CPA's to get IUL, WL and annuity cases with their small business clients. 80% of all small business owners don't have a financial advisor or insurance agent, be their person :biggrin:
where did you pull this stat from? That sounds really high to me.

Yeah, higher than goillini52 on a Saturday afternoon, lol.

Something that people on here rarely mention, but has a high roi, is car door magnets. You won't get very many calls from them, but for a relatively small investment, you'll get a respectively large return.

Back