Low Income Subsidy(LIS)

Peter R

Just wanted to pass this on to everyone. My client was advised by Humana he was eligible for assistance with his premium. He knows he is not. Long story short, he called Medicare and was told to call Social Security. He finally found a supervisor who changed his info in five minutes. Moral of story: go SSA first, ask for manager or supervisor and they'll get the job done.

Just wanted to pass this on to everyone. My client was advised by Humana he was eligible for assistance with his premium. He knows he is not. Long story short, he called Medicare and was told to call Social Security. He finally found a supervisor who changed his info in five minutes. Moral of story: go SSA first, ask for manager or supervisor and they'll get the job done.

So he qualified for LIS after all?

just curious who at humana did he speak with and was told he may qualify or that he already had it?

A Humana CSR would have no idea if your client would qualify for the Social Security Extra Help Benefit. They'd be lucky to know what day of the week it is.

Back