Lowest COLA Average in HISTORY

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Since 1975 there has been no other period in the history of SS that COLA increase were so low: Carter averaged 6.37%/year, Reagan avg. 4.77%, Bush Sr. avg. 4.2%, Clinton adg. 2.54%, Bush avg. 3.037, and Obama avg. 1.1%. The average since 1975 – 2008 was 3.48%. Compared to the last eight years of 1.1% and use the national average social security benefit of $1500. A $1500 benefit would have increased to $1905 at the previous average, at an avg. of 1/1% that $1500 benefit only increases to $16.19.

And they say Trump is going to take away their benefits?

Since 1975 there has been no other period in the history of SS that COLA increase were so low: Carter averaged 6.37%/year, Reagan avg. 4.77%, Bush Sr. avg. 4.2%, Clinton adg. 2.54%, Bush avg. 3.037, and Obama avg. 1.1%. The average since 1975 – 2008 was 3.48%. Compared to the last eight years of 1.1% and use the national average social security benefit of $1500. A $1500 benefit would have increased to $1905 at the previous average, at an avg. of 1/1% that $1500 benefit only increases to $16.19.

And they say Trump is going to take away their benefits?

So, let's assume that COLA has always been calculated the same. I don't know and I'm not going to bother to look right now. If so, then all it means is we experienced higher periods of inflation under every President except Obama and since COLA generally lags behind inflation, that means their purchasing power was eroded the least under Obama.

You're seriously going to try to keep a straight face and tell anyone that for at least three years of Obama there was 0% inflation? Zero, nothing changed?

So, let's assume that COLA has always been calculated the same. I don't know and I'm not going to bother to look right now. If so, then all it means is we experienced higher periods of inflation under every President except Obama and since COLA generally lags behind inflation, that means their purchasing power was eroded the least under Obama.

Don't forget Obama Kept the inflation down by printing money, The increase is coming we've only delays the piper at a cost

Let's leave the facts out of this and just come to the conclusion that Trump is to blame.

According to all the stuff in my facebook feed, Trump is to blame for everything that is wrong with the world today.

Let's leave the facts out of this and just come to the conclusion that Trump is to blame.

According to all the stuff in my facebook feed, Trump is to blame for everything that is wrong with the world today.

Funny thing is I starting seeing articles how his policies are having a negative effect on everything from the economy to world events, Weeks before he even took office.

You're seriously going to try to keep a straight face and tell anyone that for at least three years of Obama there was 0% inflation? Zero, nothing changed?

Never said that. I said based on how COLA is calculated, and COLA generally is less than "real" inflation.

Or do you want to return to the late 70s and early 80s when mortgage rates were double digits and COLA still didn't keep up with inflation? Seniors got the biggest COLAs then, of course I'm sure they were complaining then about how it didn't keep up.

Latest posts

Back